Sign in to follow this  

Alphasim F105 for FSX (and FS9}

"...The v-c has every switch and knob of the real machine..." Yes, the 105 does have all the switches and knobs; however, MOST are just pictures and do not function and are not clickable. Very misleading. They also go on to say to finish the misleading statement: "v-c has every switch and knob of the real machine, but will not need a high-spec PC to run it." That is true because most are just static pictures. Pretty misleading for such an expensive add-on. To be fair the Thud has a great looking exterior. But the aircraft is worth only half the $41.00 asking price. Beware.DavidL

Thanks for the heads-up David. I am quickly getting tired of $40-60 aircraft that aren't worth nearly the asking price. As consumers we have to wise up.On another note Tom was going to setup a forum where we could rate the add-ons ourselves. I wonder what ever happened to that forum?:-hmmm

Guest fsxmissionguy

Rules of that forum:1) No review will get posted unless approved by AVSIM2) "Unfair" reviews will not get posted3) Reviews based on opinion ("reviews not based on fact") will not get posted.4) "Poorly written" reviews will not get posted.5) "AVSIM reserves the right to deny publishing of any review, for whatever reason we deem appropriate."6) If your review does not show up in 48 hours, you can be pretty assured that it was not approved for public viewing.I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean that one. It's tough for AVSIM to host "official reviews" from users because then they may be sued by upset developers.

Guest JIMJAM

Lets just say I LOVE military jets especially cold was era and lets face it, NOBODY out there does em.They know that.I own close to 20 Alpha planes and helis that I run for both FS9 and X.When their prices were $20-$30, I bought em all. Easy to get running,great to fly and easy on the computer.Most were IMPULSE buys.Now that Alpha's prices busted $30 and are now up in the $40 - $50 range, I no longer impulse buy but stop,look,listen and think about what Im getting.Bottom line is that I have not bought anything from them in a while.Most of the posters on their forums handle most complainers with,"If it cost to much do not buy it." Ok Most of us long timers know what we are getting from Alphsim but I can see alot of people reading the always glowing reviews from Avsim and being dissapointed.

I was about to start a thread on this very subject too after seeing the Avsim front page and clicking the link to get to the new F-105 (A link which is broken BTW Avsim ;))It had been a while since I purchased from Alphasim and to say that I experienced sticker shock is an understatement. $42.50 US (today's price) for a single plane (abet well modeled one) that does not feature the avionics of the airliners we are accustomed to purchasing around that price is crazy.Looking down the list of recent releases, I was shocked to see that all of the prices were around this area, even $28 for an airfield (RAF Leuchars), which when looking at the screenshots does not warrant a price near that amount. I know they can charge what they feel consumers are willing to pay, but I think that the speed at which this thread popped up, they may have overpriced this one and should revisit their pricing strategy if their sales are not what they expect.I too was looking forward to flying the Thud, one of my favorite cold-war aircraft, but not at that price. Wasn't there a separate game out there that featured Vietnam-era aircraft that you could actually fly missions with, and had all the working weapons? Can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure it's price was around (even less) than what we're expected to pay for a single, model-only FS version.Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest jlwoodward

Same with their F86- a beautiful aircraft outside, but a failure in the VC. You can't even start the aircraft from the VC because they left out essential switches. At $30 I expect a lot better.

Hi Alex,Actually no. Here is the link to the thread where Tom was going to start a review center. It would not contain all of the restrictions that are mentioned below. I still wish Tom would come through on this, as the subject is going to become very heated based on how the prices of add-ons continue to skyrocket without including additional value. (JMHO)http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...e=search#428579

I've noticed a lot of people pirate alphasim stuff, probably becuase they refuse to pay such high prices. I just looked and the thud is already available on one of the main torrent sites. It seems to me having such high prices only makes customers unhappy and increases the chances people are going to pirate your work, which is unfortunate. Personally there are several alphasim planes I wouldn't mind having, but I wont pay what they are asking, so I go without. If they charged half of what they do they would have quite a bit of my money, but instead they get none. There is no business sense in that if you ask me. But then again they must be getting enough sales to prove they can charge that much.