Sign in to follow this  
jvile

Jim Vile 's Kai tak for FSX

Guest JacobKoziarz

I thought AFCAD is another pre-FSX utility that does not work in FSX. What am I missing ? Have I been fed wrong info ?

JacobIn reverse order of your question>>I thought AFCAD is another pre-FSX >utility that does not work in FSX>AFCAD will not open a stock FSX airport. AFCAD will open the FSX stock airport if you use SDE utility to strip out the FSX element attributs such astrafficScalarairportTestRadiusTower SceneryObjectsome runway markingsJetwaysboundary fencesblast fencesetc.Once the AFCAD utility enhances the airport then these attributes should be put back into the xml and compiled with the BGLComp Compiler.However, there are utilities that work in FSX and are free such as ADE Home Edition>>What is the function of the bgls that reside >in vhhx/scenery folder - they are not >traffic files - are they ?>There are no Traffic files in any of my bgl'sVHHX_ADE is the enhanced airport that some would call the AFCAD. It is made with ADE Home Edition.VHHX_cvx is the grass and water for the airport ground to align with Google Earth PlusVHHX_ GUI is all the default FSX GUIDS scenery and it also calls the .dds and the bmp's in the texture folder to display.VHHX_ILS is all the approach code that you see with the GPS receiver and can fly with the User airplane. It also has the code written that causes the AI Planes to fly the IGS 13 curved approach as per the default ATC.>>Is it possible for you to attach here >the txt fps you're using ?>Working on that now for everyone. In the next day or 2 I will upload the FP's to the AVSIM Library.>>What do we use to compile the txt >flight plans into FSX-format bgls ? >Will AIFPC work on Vista 64 ?>When I have my FP's that will have a correct airport.txt and a listing of the AI planes needed, AIFPC will compile to a compatible FSX bgl with some instructions in a readme regardless of OS version. hope this helps

Abe>>One more thing, if I may, how would you >integrate, or create a simple flight plan> Working on that now which will also have some simple FSX GA default plane traffic Flightplans for VHHX so you can look at. (See post above)There is nothing in a FP that causes the AI to fly the curved approach. That is done with approach code writting in the VHHX_ILS bgl.Once the FP's are in place which sends AI Planes to VHHX the ILS code does the rest and is written as per the SDK's for both FS2004 and FSX.

Guest JacobKoziarz

I'll be waiting patiently - can you let us know here when and where exactly you upload to (or maybe just throw in the link to make it easy for future newbies) ?One more thing - the incredible amount of traffic on your screenshots - is that all traffic.bgl controlled or is that a result of extra traffic addons ???

Guest Rick Baldwin

Jacob,Thanks much for your post. Unfortunately I have long ago removed FS9 from my system and I don't think I'm going to reinstall it now!I see that Jim says he is working on some FP's for FSX so I think I will try to wait patiently :) for what he comes up with. He knows a lot more than I do and so I would probably do fine in relying on his expertise. With a bit of luck -- and Jim's generous help -- we may all be enjoying some traffic at Kai Tak soon! -Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home

Guest JacobKoziarz

I knew someone would like that "waiting patiently" reference - hahaha !

Guest JacobKoziarz

Rick,Btw - i TOTALLY understand your unwillingness to go back to fs9 ! I'll probably get punished here by the fs9 worshippers !

>>the incredible amount of traffic >on your screenshots - is that all >traffic.bgl controlled>Yes, what you see is one single traffic bgl compiled and titled traffic_VHHX.bgl which is FSX compatible.That will be the Flightplans I upload to AVSIM with a correct Airport txt file with no duplicates or missing airports.

Guest JacobKoziarz

I guess what I meant to ask was: are the aircraft in your shots just default fsx or are these addon ai as per the comments to your posting re: PAI vs. World of AI. It looks like you have the ai addons and you manipulate them for the VHHX. Did I get this right or not ? SInce I am at it - do you use PAI or World of AI ai traffic aircraft ? If so, I don't see much in the AVSIM file library for FSX except AirItalia. I heard you can use fs9 ai aircraft in fsx - is this correct ? Once again - I hate to pepper you with these questions, but I'd like to understand the process.

>>I guess what I meant to ask was: >are the aircraft in your shots just >default fsx or are these addon ai>The screen shots are 3rd party AI Models and Textures found on many websites including AVSIM. >>It looks like you have the ai addons >and you manipulate them for the VHHX. >Did I get this right or not ?>That is correct. I used Flightplans that date back to 2000 made by MRAI and then found Model and Textures to fit the FP's on many websites. >>do you use PAI or World of AI ai traffic aircraft ?>The 3rd party AI Planes I use come from many different designers such as Aardvark (AIA), Evolve (EAI), FSP, some PAI to fill gaps, HTAI, and various other independent modlers like Robert Versluys, Dee Waldron, Henry Tomkiewicz, Barry Blaisdell, Viktor Schacht, Mike Stone, etc.Each have their pros and cons but most work in FSX as long as you stay in DX9 mode.>>I heard you can use fs9 ai aircraft >in fsx - is this correct ?>All AI Planes are FS9 AI Planes to my knowledge. I have yet to see in the Freeware world of AI any FSX models designed yet so we all just copy over the FS9 AI Plane to FSX. In order for a AI Plane to be FSX it must have a model and .air file that comes from FSX. I have not seen any AI Plane modeler update any FS9 AI Plane to FSX standards.What I have done with Flightplanes for FSX Kai Tak.I made one set for the User that does not want to learn how to install 3rd party AI Planes and textures. These FP's use the FSX default Planes which also double has a AI Plane. I used as many of the default allowed by MS/FSX including some GA Planes flying into Kai Tak.This concept puts a lot of Plane traffic into and out of Kai Tak but is not realistic of the actual Planes that were flying into Kai Tak back in 1998.The 2nd set of FP's I used were made by the freeware MRAI Company that have the actual ICAO planes by their company flying into Kai Tak. The draw back to these FP's is that each person will have to download from the web sites the different models and textures to fit the FP's. I do list what is needed so it will be up to the User to find these AI Planes and then compile the FP's with AIFPC. Instructions on doing this will be included.

Guest Rick Baldwin

Jim,This sounds great! Looking forward to the final results.-Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home

Guest bertvankampen

Thanks for all the work done for the nice FSX Kai Tak design.Very usefull AIproject-idea Jim; i also am looking forward!Kind regardsBert

Flightplans for my Kai Tak for both the FSX default trafficAircraft.bgl and 3rd party AI Planes are in testing and almost ready for upload.Working on installation readme.txt files and proper compiling for the 3rd party AI Planes.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Many thanks here as well - can't wait to populate my checkerboard !!!