Sign in to follow this  
Guest baksteen33

Best FSX SP2 AI program for N-America freeware/payware?

Guest DigitalNoise

Looking for a AI add-on for FSX Sp2.Somthing with upto date FPS freindly models and accurate flight plans. Willing for a few trade offs (depending).Thoughts?

Ultimate traffic for FSX is great. The textures though are not as good as fsx but it really adds a more realistic feeling to the sim. You can also add GA traffic if you want. I keep my traffic set to 30 with good results. Airports like KORD or KATL you will need to turn down a bit. There web site has a good demo video.http://www.flight1software.com/videos/utx2.wmvEnjoy:-yellow1

Jim Wenham

Guest fsxmissionguy

"Also, it is not compatible with acceleration."That's the deal killer.

But it will run in sp2. How long do you think it will be before sp2/acceleration has valid add-ons?

Jim Wenham

Guest DigitalNoise

>Also, it is not compatible with accelerationWhich part, DX10 or just the Acceleration add-on?Wow, the forum seems vacated. One real reply on AI...and even that one is broken with the latest legit FS add-on? gulp!

Guest abulaafia

www.world-of-ai.comMore US packages are on the way.

Take a look at MyTraffic X as well. This includes some aircraft models specifically created for FSX which perform better than FS9 models imported into FSX. As far as I know, only those models created for FSX (and not FS9) show up when DX10 Preview is switched on in FSX.

I thought I recalled reading somewhere the WOAI packages needed some sort of "upgrading" to work in FSX. But when I go to their website, all it says is the installer will let you select the FSX directory if it is on your computer. It says nothing about having to update the files before or after installation.Will the packages work "as is" in FSX SP2 Acceleration? I'm not worried about DX10 or Vista right now, as I'm still running XP and DX9. Or is there something else that will need to be done before/after installing them?Thanks for any info.

Rick Ryan

Guest ziporama

I don't know about UltimateTraffic but MyTraffic X works well with FSX Acceleration/SP2 in DX9 mode. In DX10 mode, the author mentions that some Boeing models are still FS9 models that haven't been converted to their FSX models yet, and will show up with white textures in DX10 mode. This is being fixed.I'd go to the support forums for the add-on and see what people have to say, and what they run into.Cheers,Etienne

>Also, it is not compatible with accelerationI strongly disagree. What Ultimate Traffic X does not work with is DX10 Preview mode - the demo for DX10 included in SP2 and Acceleration.That requires that all the models be updated to FSX MakeModel - and the freeware and Ultimate Traffic models are not updated.

Updating is optional. The AI works just fine for most folks without doing anything.When you install World of AI to FSX, the flightplans are updated to the FSX airport ICAO designations. That mainly is in Indonesia and India - but there are a few others world wide.Things the installer does not do is convert the FS2002 flightplan format to FSX format. In the FS2002 flightplan format everyone used - Sunday is day 0, Monday day 1, etc. In FSX - Monday is day 0, Tuesday is day 1...Sunday is day 6.For larger airlines which fly everyday - this is not really an issue. For some of the smaller airlines/ airports which might get one or two day per week service - it can be an issue.A big issue to many people is that installing WoA puts FS2004 traffic files in their program. The differences between FS2004 traffic files and FSX traffic files causes all FSX traffic files to not be active if both versions are present with traffic scheduled for the same airport. Peter van der Veen has a beta of a traffic file converter available - AIFPC - look in post #57 on this thread for the download.http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthrea...ht=AIFPC&page=3Peter has recently returned to working on this program - hopefully it will be ready for full release soon.I don't believe all the aircraft.cfg files of WoA have been updated yet with main door and baggage door settings to make the FSX jetways and baggage loaders/ baggage carts work. That's largely a manual task - but check this thread at The Fruit Stand for information - http://www.the-fruit-stand.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86One word of warning - the models used by WoA have not been rebuilt with FSX MakeModel.exe - so they will not work correctly with DX10 Preview Mode.

>Peter van der Veen has a beta of a traffic file converter>available - AIFPC - look in post #57 on this thread for the>download.>>http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthrea...ht=AIFPC&page=3>>Peter has recently returned to working on this program ->hopefully it will be ready for full release soon.What ever version of AIFPC I'm using, it's been working great. After installing WoA in FSX, I use it to decompile the flightplans and recompile them in native FSX format not forgetting to remove the original bgl's. Highly recommended.>I don't believe all the aircraft.cfg files of WoA have been>updated yet with main door and baggage door settings to make>the FSX jetways and baggage loaders/ baggage carts work.>That's largely a manual task - but check this thread at The>Fruit Stand for information ->http://www.the-fruit-stand.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86I really hope they keep the exits optional or off by default. Moving jetways with a large AI collection kills FPS on an otherwise very stable box. I added the exit-info for a while and it was just too much overhead. Maybe later, on 16-core CPU's or something, LOL...Reggie,I'm reconsidering installing SP2(standalone) for FSX (DX9-mode) but wasn't there and issue with some of the prevelant WoA and other freeware models having alpha-layer ghosting issues or something? Or, is this only in DX10-mode? Thanks..

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest DigitalNoise

Thanks to everyone for the replys.After reading many comments here and at other forums it Seems a bit crazy at this point, as though the programers are still trying to figure out FSX and are only maybe fully supporting FS9.I dont want to have to go thru all this fiddling about to make things work. I used to not mind, but not for payware.Or should I have just stayed with SP1? I dont care about DX10 or acceleration or whatever has caused a change. I thought It was good to install based on what was said here this is all confusing.Thanks again.

>Also, it is not compatible with accelerationNot an entirely accurate statement. The 3D models are not compatible with the DX10 preview feature. If you don't use this feature, then you have no problems.I use Acceleration, and it works fine. - Martin