Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

2D Cockpit View Bug in SP1 ( Fixed or Not?)

Guest TheSidewinder

>Hey, Sidewinder! That is great! Finally a good, easy>workaround to get the unobstructed view back. Thanks a lot! >I just tried it with the default Cessna 172 and it works like>a charm.>>I was really disappointed that this wasn't fixed in SP2, but>now it's back.>>Thanks again.>>CareyYou're welcome! I was keeping my fingers crossed, that what I was experiencing wasn't unique to my setup. Glad to see it works for others, too.

Thanks for pointing this out !I accidentally ended up with this situation and lost it again after switching views. Now I know what to do to get there !Also, I've saved a situation with this setting and it is still in place when I re-load this flight !Thanks again !

Bert

>You have my permission!!>>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/erm... too many words, Jim."OK by me" would have sufficed.;)Q6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx 169.13 betaKandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Now if I could find a work around to get my tool-tips back with DX10 enabled. I loved getting the long promised DX10 features, but now I can't read/set the baro on my altimeter and setting the Nav or Hdg bugs on the HSI or any of a number of other settings on custom aftermarket gauges is just a guess without tool-tips. Anyone have a fix for that?Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Guest TheSidewinder

As far as I'm concerned, anyone and everyone is welcome to post that workaround wherever they like. The more simmers it helps, the better.EDIT: And if the mods didnt get my alert about it, would one of them please edit my post to remove the first paragraph? It's pointless ranting and not helpful.Thank you.

Guest zzmikezz

Or even "Yes!" :)Or even "Ja!" or "Si!"Or perhaps simply "!"

Another question is: has anybody found a fix for VC tooltips fonts that do not display correctly in SP2/DX9 ?

Bert

Guest SIDDickDastardly

Sidewinder - thanks so much for posting your fix m8 -this bug has been annoying the #### out of me for months so it's wonderful to finally have a solution :-beerchug. BTW after a bit of experimentation I've streamlined the method slightly:(Starting from cockpit view)1. Tap W a few times until the minipanel is displayed.2. Display any non-main instrument panel (e.g. by pressing SHIFT+2 to display the radio).3. Change to next view (A) then back to previous view (SHIFT+A). (Changing the view category also works, so instead of A, SHIFT+A you can press S, SHIFT+S instead).I'll now be in Cockpit view with no panels or gauges visible and I can pan around (including with my TrackIR) without any parts of the a/c appearing. (I actually have "next/prev view" & "next/prev view category" bound to four directions on my joystick's hatswitch so for me the process is to simply press W a few times, SHIFT+2, hatswitch up, hatswitch down). If I want to cycle to any of the other views I can do so using the hatswitch and when I come back to the cockpit view everything still works fine.You can even change planes and it still works, so you only have to carry out the procedure once each time you fire up FSX. This also means that you can fly planes for which the method doesn't work (like the F/A-18 which doesn't have a minipanel) by simply loading a Cessna first, applying the method, then changing to the F/A-18.Cheers,DDEDIT: LMAO apparently we can't say "H E L L" here. :-roll

"EDIT: LMAO apparently we can't say "++++" here. :-roll "No you can't, and if you by pass the filters again, you won't need to worry about it.

Guest SIDDickDastardly

Hello Tom,Come on m8 -you must admit it's a bit of a bizarre word to ban :). I can't imagine anybody actually finds it offensive. And apparently you have no issues with Purgatory, Hades, the Underworld, or the Abyss.Cheers,DD

Guest SIDDickDastardly

Well that's entirely commendable, Jim. It's just that I can't help thinking that the censored version of my post (with the hashes) actually looks ruder than what I wrote :).Cheers,DD