Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

FSGenesis v2 Mesh to Fix Airport Plateaus

Guest Lith1um

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I have a 4ghz quad core with 4gb ram. If it's automated I could run it for 9 or 10 hours a day while I'm at work.

Guest abulaafia

same here. Justin, you need to "BOINC" your application and we do the crunching for you :)

Thanks, guys. However, we would run into a licensing snafu with my GIS software, in addition to a logistical problem of getting over 100 Gb worth of source data out to you all.But the gesture is moving to say the least.Another solution would be for several hundred of you who haven't yet obtained the FSX Bundle Special, get it > today < and I'll run out over the weekend and get a cutting-edge quad-core system with NVIDIA

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest TheSidewinder

LOL...OK, Justin, you've convinced me. But I do have one question. I asked on your forum but no answer yet, so I'll ask here too. If I buy and install the Mesh and Landclass packages, will I see a significant frame rate hit? ("Significant" being more than 5 frames per second)If the answer is no, I'll buy your bundle in a heartbeat! Today!

Guest PPSFA

As a user, no. Run, don't walk, and buy it. I'm a 'Galaxy' member if that gives you an indication of the regard I hold for Justins products

What PPSFA said. ;-)You shouldn't see a significant hit. Depending on your horsepower,maybe a frame or two.I always recommend turning off the frame rate counter and just enjoying the view. :-)-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

Justin,With the automated way you deal with airports on the front end, will custom airports and AFCADS have any affect on the plateau after v2 is installed?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest TheSidewinder

OK, you've convinced me. I'll go buy it.Now let's see a bunch more of you do the same. :D

>Justin,>With the automated way you deal with airports on the front>end, will custom airports and AFCADS have any affect on the>plateau after v2 is installed?in addition to what Justin said, also keep in mind that if the designer MOVED the airport in question, that Justins fix may not affect the moved airport.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Phil75070

Will these be "updates" that will require the version one mesh to be installed, or will each be a complete "module" that should be installed fresh?

HI All,I just uploaded the first of version 2 files.If you've purchased previously, simply log into your FSG Store account and click "My FSX Downloads."If you've not yet purchased, add either the North America Terrain for FSX or the FSX Bundle to your cart and checkout. Then log into your FSG Store account and click "My FSX Downloads."The next version 2 area should be available by this weekend.Thanks -------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

Guest TheSidewinder

Thanks, Justin, and good work. Downloading as I write this. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Guest PPSFA

So THAT's where the bandwidth went! 60% done here :-)