Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

FSGenesis v2 Mesh to Fix Airport Plateaus

Guest Nick_N

Justin, just a heads upI installed V2 this morning... great job by the way!, ... the original V1 file was not named the same as the V2 file so it will not overwrite if you drop it in the Flight Simulator XScenery0101scenery folderThe V1 filename was _FSGdem0101us.bgl instead of FSGdem0101_us.bglI use the USNW installed from the website for V1 so that is what is installed by the USNW download unless that was updated at some point and I was unaware of it.I noticed a problem because when I first installed V2 the plateau was still at KSEA and when I checked I found both in the 0101 folder. Once I deleted the V1 file, all worked fine.

Hi Nick,If memory serves, that file with the underscore was superceded very early in the version 1 distribution, and should have been deleted and replaced by the subsequent, presently-named file in October 2006.But, you figured it out. :-)-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

>LOL...>>OK, Justin, you've convinced me. But I do have one question. I>asked on your forum but no answer yet, so I'll ask here too. >>If I buy and install the Mesh and Landclass packages, will I>see a significant frame rate hit? ("Significant" being more>than 5 frames per second)>>If the answer is no, I'll buy your bundle in a heartbeat!>Today! I've used FS Genesis Terrain Mesh for both FSX and FS9 on two machines so far. My last being and AMD3500 with 2GB Ram and an Nvidia 6600 and can't say that I have ever seen any noticeable framerate hit. Of course I have no idea what kind of hardware you have but I think you would be pleased with the product. CraigLian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec WinXP Pro SP2 Thrustmaster Rudders CH Products Yolk Track IR

Guest Nick_N

Thats what I thoughtThose files are so darn big you only want to download them once, even on an ultra fast corporate line :-lol

Guest LtRob

Justin is DA MAN! Seriously, if you are not a user of Justin's stuff, buy it NOW! I've been a Galaxy member since the Galaxy membership inception, and it has been worth (more than!) every penny!Sorry, Justin. Just had to gush accolades in a public forum.

I have not been able to log into fsgenesis...I'm guessing that there is a rush from admirers...so, I'll just have to wait my turn...:-)sherm

Guest JimC1702

>>>I have not been able to log into fsgenesis...I'm guessing that>there is a rush from admirers...so, I'll just have to wait my>turn...:-)>>>sherm>Same here. Can't even get to the web page. No biggie, I can wait. JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

I too am a Galaxy member. Couldn't imagine simming without Justin's Mesh now!

Have patience, Grasshopper! I have been trying to get on the site for 2 days, just now I clicked on it again and I'm now downloading the 1/2Gig file as we speak. 14% down 35 minutes to go! Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

He must've fixed it, Justin, it's working! Downloading at 194kb/sec as we speak!Pete S.------------------------------------------------------------Later....OOOPS! Spoke too soon, the server just dropped my connection, and I can't back in again! Darn I was 20% done!Oh well guess "good things come to those that wait"!We shall see.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Hi Pete,The site appears to be back up and working. Keep trying. My incoming email for the past 18 hours or so is still backlogged somewhere,though.Had to change all the IP addresses on all my sites, and everything should be back to normal within an hour or two for anyone still not able to connect.Sheesh! Murphy strikes again . . .-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net