Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Real weather for FSX?

Guys, I need your advise on the weather simulation for FSX. I have always used HiFi's AS, but the wind shifts and gushes seem to have become untolerable, sometimes knoking down my planes from the sky due to overstress. Smoothing is on in ASX, but it does not help much and I read smoothing created problems in wind directions online, when sometimes online (VATSIM) weather forced you to land downwind in your conditions (even though VATSIM box was checked in the settings). Please advise your recommendations, and how do you use weather programs flying these days (including online)? Also my impresssion is that shears become more moderate if I use in-game weather updates, though they are still way frequent and unrealistic. My FSX is @Sp1 and AS is @Sp2. Any other weather add-ons that work more smooth in FSX and compatible that you know? Please share your thoughts and your current practice.Many thanks.

Which version of AS are you using?The one for FS9 /FSX?Or the one for FX only?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks, it's ASX of course. It makes me thinking, AS6.5 had FSX update as well, if my memory serves me right. Worth trying you think? I could inject weather themes first from ASX+XGraphics, then stop ASX and start AS6.5.

Well, I have 6.5 because reading the forums it seemed like it had a few issues to be sorted.I use it for FS9 and FX (no graphix in FX) and leave it running.I have not tried what you suggested ... seems to run well tho.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW