Sign in to follow this  
frankla

Fantastic shots - FTX for FSX!

Guest Nick_N

I am not a liberty to say but it won

Guest bobcap

>Hi,>>There are some new screenshots of the upcoming FTX at>http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=744.0>>Looks very, very, very good! Seems that I've got to>investigate the Australian continent in the future.>>Ulf B :-)>Yes, I can hardly wait for this stunning product to come out. This product should be released just in time for the "Great Australian Air Rally" to be held starting Feb 1st.By the way, Orbx is one of the sponsors for the "Great Australian Air Rally" which has been announced here on AVSIM as well as many other sites.If you're interested, you have 4 days left to register and submit your baseline Time Trial Screenshots. See the GAAR website for details.http://flydeervalley.com/gaar/index.htmlbob

;)OK, of course I don't want him to exhaust himself but I'm sure I'm not the only one eagerly waiting for beeing able to fly in Europe with this kind of stunning graphics!Really looking forward to it and I'll be waiting here with my credit card in my hand :)

Richard Åsberg

Guest Nick_N

>;)>>OK, of course I don't want him to exhaust himself but I'm sure>I'm not the only one eagerly waiting for beeing able to fly in>Europe with this kind of stunning graphics!>>Really looking forward to it and I'll be waiting here with my>credit card in my hand :)Don't worry, it wil be worth the wait. In the mean time enjoy the USA and Canadahttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24798http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24796http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24794... and Aussie land from FTXThe enhanced GEX version should go live within the next 2 weeks.

Yeah, at first I thought I would only buy Europe since that is where I mainly fly but maybe I will get the other parts of the world as well.If I decide to go that way is there any kind of bundle or similar to a reduced price if you buy all parts or maybe some other kind of discount for previous customers having the GE product(s) for FS9?Also...when you talk about the enhanced version of GEX...what exactly is that and will GEX Europe be "enhanced" from the very beginning or will there first be a "standard" version that will at a later time be "enhanced" as well?And what about the already released GEX for US/Canada, will there be a free upgrade to the enhanced version if I buy that package today or should I wait for the enhanced version because obviously I don't feel like spending $ on the same product twice ;)

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the link, that's great news the GEX Enhanced update will be a free one! However I still haven't managed to find out exactly what the enahanced update is all about compared to the original GEX but I'll guess I'll just have to see that for myself - thinking about buying GEX US/Canada today when I get home :) but still wonder if there will be some kind of US/Canada-Europe bundle once Europe is released to a lower price than buying the two products separately?And also still wondering, will GEX Europe also be 'enhanced' once released?

Richard Åsberg

Guest Nick_N

>Thanks for the link, that's great news the GEX Enhanced>update will be a free one! However I still haven't managed to>find out exactly what the enahanced update is all about>compared to the original GEX but I'll guess I'll just have to>see that for myself - thinking about buying GEX US/Canada>today when I get home :) but still wonder if there will be>some kind of US/Canada-Europe bundle once Europe is released>to a lower price than buying the two products separately?>>And also still wondering, will GEX Europe also be 'enhanced'>once released?It was not my intention to go into a Q/A here in this thread, simply answer your initial questions about GEX the best I could.The difference between default and the enhanced version is quite large. Color shifts/balance, light/shadow use, detail additions, depth perception, post-production clarity enhancements all work together to upgrade the experience.Anthony decides all of the business aspects of your questions. You will need to address those directly to him. He owns and develops GEX. I am helping him because GE is a cornerstone to the MSFS title and the amount of work/time involved in development of base textures, and, post-production development for sim use, is staggering. GEX has all the digital info it its base textures and simply needed the time invested for a finishing process, like what ILM does for feature films, to fine-tune, target and configure its graphics properties for the FSX rendering engine. In-game post production enhancement and visual FX are completely different from texture creation and it takes a team to accomplish the final product within a reasonable amount of time.Europe is in production and when Anthony has completed the base set I will review them for post production.I suggest you may wish to post any other questions in the GEX forum and I am sure Anthony will respond as soon as he has time. Right now I do not know if any plans have even been considered for bundle costs. About costs, like all other large add-ons, GEX is an extremely labor intense production. The goal is to have the GEX product work in harmony with other professional add-ons, and/or, stand alone to deliver that WOW factor, either way.I am also looking forward to the FTX product along with the FEX and UTX upgrades. I would not fly my sim without all of the professional add-ons installed. Each one adds another level to the experience.

Hi Nick,Thanks for your informative answer and sorry for maybe posting my questions in the wrong place, however the AVSIM forums have become a little bit of my "home" when it comes to FS and everything related to it and for that reason that is often the first place I go even though it might not always be the most correct place depening on the nature of the questions ;)I fully understand there's A LOT of work involved in products like this and I didn't in any way mean I think they come at a too high price...just that I like everyone else do my best to avoid flushing my $ down the toilet by buying two products if I a month later find I could have had them both bundled at a reduced price.Lastly I would like to give my 100% appreciation to all add-on developers providing us with the stunning environment we see in today's flight simulation!!

Richard Åsberg

Guest koorby

>I like the way the autogen trees are placed right where the>trees are on the texture, but I don't care for the color>balance. The brighter colors in the default textures are much>more appealing to me.Hey there :)What you're seeing in those beta shots is the base testing textures, i.e. we have not yet done any of the seasonal coloring at all. This is a standard approach when creating ground terrain projects, but of course, we're keen to show folks what to expect anyway.We will naturally be increasing the saturation of all the textures to make them nice and rich. When the coloring pass is done, you'll see different crops in fields according to seasons etc. Won't be long now :)

Guest koorby

Being mindful of the forum rules and not wanting to spam, there are demo videos also available which show off FTX running with all sliders maxxed and also the 3D lighting system:http://fullterrain.com/gallery.htmlScroll down to see the vids. We hope to release within 3 weeks FYI.Enjoy!