Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

FSX is awesome

>Larry, you really summed it up there mate. ;-)>>The latest crazy for me is the Flight One MD-80 the 'Super 80'>even more absorbing than the PMDG 744!>Try it, if you don't agree you get your money back.I confess, I'm not much into airliners, even though I buy Airliner magazine. :-hah I do have the Dreamfleet 727, and the Captain Sim 727 skin, but thats about it. I prefer high performance singles and twins, and altitudes that are 10,000= 20,000 feet lower than commercial airlines use. When ever flying commercially, I always wish to be down there, just a bit lower. :D L.Adamson

Yes, Yes and Yes!!I have been attached to my new Q6600 machine for the past week since I built it. FSX works so well that I havent even got round to o/c yet. Similar to yourself I have just done a flight from Phoenix (to Yuma) and back again and am able to have dense autogen, road traffic and >50% commercial ai traffic. Frames ~20 min on approach to Phoenix.I have tried some of the missions and they had some good "moments" eg "Midwest Fly In" on take off in the piper cub as you pop over the trees after take-off there is a freeway there and I got a cool first look at road traffic close up. Also "Amazon Trek" again after take-off, its like you are taking off on a plateau as the rainsforest and river suddenly appear beneath you. Even the wife was slightly impressed by the water effects!!It makes me go all nostalgic when I think back to playing on Fighter Pilot on the Amstrad CPC464 in the mid '80s with just a yellow ground and blue sky! I still managed to burn up hours playing that then, so it feels like as my "imagination" has waned with age the technology has just about filled the gaps!So thanks to everyone for the hints and tips and blood sweat tears and occasional curses that have gone on over the past year or so as the community has worked its way through all the various challenges!Happy flying!Gary

Guest kingairvols

L.Adamson,Would you please let us know which add on gave you problems so we know what to stay away from please.Thank you.Mark.OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM GeForce 7800GS 256 MB w/ DDR3 running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a,GeForce FX 5200 128MB 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.

Guest kingairvols

Would you please share where you purchased your PC from (if you did not build yourself). A lot of the specs are very simular to sugestions I have gotten from others. Thank you.Mark.OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM GeForce 7800GS 256 MB w/ DDR3 running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a,GeForce FX 5200 128MB 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.

Guest SanH

I live in the UK and bought everything from www.overclockers.co.ukBasically a P5 chipset motherboard is the way to go as they have good overclocking capabilities.