Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Where's my Cargo ship traffic?

Where's all my cargo ship AI traffic in FSX?I have ships and AI turned up but no large vessels, like coal and iron-ore ships...anyone know how to get them?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If your asking about lake freighters (coal and iron ore ships of the great lakes), I beleive there is not a single one modeled. I've logged alot of hours around the Great Lakes and my Ships and Ferries slider is at 100%.I would however definitely welcome them. :)

gosh I would too, I live in Duluth, MN, home of the aerial lift bridgeThere are plenty of good static models, but they don't move. I would love to find out how to make them go!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Go over to FSShipyards, they have info on that.Hopefully they are using TrafficDatabaseBuilder (TDBB)that comes with the FSX SDK. If not, you might have problems. TDBB is what you use to make ship routes too but I have not gotten into ship AI. You'll need to find and download ship models first thing, and FSShipyards is the place to go.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Went to the site, but there is no info on how to use in FSX. Looking at the file structure, it doesn't look like the boat files in Sim Objects. What's up? How do you use them in FSX?Dave Hinson

>Went to the site, but there is no info on how to use in FSX. >Looking at the file structure, it doesn't look like the boat>files in Sim Objects. What's up? How do you use them in>FSX?>>Dave Hinson Get Lamont Clark's AI Boat Utility. That will allow you to create your own shipping traffic and define the sailing routes using Google Earth. I've used it to create a couple of Carrier Task Groups but any of the FSX ship models could be used. Search for the autHors name or "lc0277" Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>Went to the site, but there is no info on how to use in FSX. >Looking at the file structure, it doesn't look like the boat>files in Sim Objects. What's up? How do you use them in>FSX?>>Dave HinsonThe ship should have a /model dir, a /texture dir, an aircraft.cfg file and a .air file. That's all you need. If you are using it for AI only, you don't need a panel.Then install the ship just like you would any aircraft. (I put all my AI aircraft in /SimObjects/AI_Aircraft but that's a matter of personal preference...)When you are creating your text files to define the aircraft (in this case ships) in your flight plans, you simply refer to the ship just like you would when creating aircraft AI flight plans. Same process.Basically, you have to know how to use the TDBB compiler to make the "flight" plans. That could be a whole other thread. But to answer your basic question, if the ships have a /model, etc. as I outlined in paragraph #1 above, that is all you need.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB