Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

FS Genesis Terrain Mesh Version2

To all those that purchased the first version: The first download is now available at FSGenesis. Downloading as we speak. Craig Lian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.4GHz Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb 169.21_forceware winxp 32bit whql Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec WinXP Pro SP2 Track IR

Guest TheSidewinder

Same here, as I post this. 30% complete. The suspense is killing me. ;)

Installed the first update: Scenery Area 0101 (after backing up the original just in case.) First test flight at KSEA and no more plateau !!!! As advertised! Great job Justin. I'm also using FSGenesis Landclass as well as Ground Environment X USA and Canada. Craig Lian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/secCraig

Craig,Where's the update link?I cannot find it on the FS Genesis site, even though I'm logged in?I'm probably blind. A pointer would be nice.ThanksStu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Stu, Login to Storefront Go to My FSX Downloads You should see: Download North American Terrain Mesh for FSX Click on that link. Scroll down until you see Version 2 files You should see 0101 us.zip That is the first available file. Craig

Guest Nils79

Thanks for the info, Craig, seems to work. Can't believe that i first wasted my money with a more expensive rival product, which promised much, but failed.Thank you Justin! :)

>> Installed the first update: Scenery Area 0101 (after backing>up the> original just in case.)>> First test flight at KSEA and no more plateau !!!! As>advertised!>> Great job Justin.>> I'm also using FSGenesis Landclass as well as Ground>Environment X> USA and Canada.>> Craig> I agree, KSEA is much much better than before, but it's not completely fixed. There is still a Cliff on the Northwest corner of airport. I havent checked elsewhere yet, but the big ones on the South end of the airport are gone. I guess that's the best that could be done with the flat airport limitation of FS. Great work Justin, I'm glad I bought that Galaxy Membership, it's really paying off!! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183800.jpg

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Nils79

Tom,the cliff should disappear, if you set your Mesh resolution to 38m.

I thank you, Craig.Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Many plateaus around the world disappear at 38m setting. The Version-1 mesh in the USA is 9M. That produces plateaus. Justin has found a way to expose the original mesh (38M) by cutting a "hole in the 9M mesh around the airport. If you make the "hole" the right size the two meshes meet at some point.Dick Near 5G8" In response to Reply # 6Tom,the cliff should disappear, if you set your Mesh resolution to 38m.Best regards,Nils"Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Nils79

Thanks Dick, indeed my advice was not well thought out - sorry.

Hello Dick:Interesting???I find that the pleateaus have gone away at multiple airports as I move from West to East (i.e. KSEA, KDEN, KCVG). However, at KLWB and KROA the airports still have the pleateaus. This was with all "scenery" sliders full right with the exception of water effects, which was at a High 1x setting.My interpretation of Justin's original dialogue for Version 2 was that this is to be a progressive update over the coming month or so. I just assumed that the first stage of revision 2 was not for terrain as far East as KLWB and KROA.When I tried your recommended 38m mesh resolution setting, it would not hold and continually reset by itself to 10m. I discovered the following:I find that increasing my mesh resolution to 38m does indeed get rid of the pleateaus as you advised for both KROA and KLWB, but is only possible if I also increase my texture resolution to 30cm or above. With a texture resolution of 15cm, the highest my mesh resolution will go is 19m. With a texture resolution of 7cm, the highest my mesh resolution will go is 10m. At all of the lower settings, the plateaus are still present at the two airports in question.Your reply does make me wonder though. You stated "plateaus around the world". From this I assume the 38m setting would work BEFORE the FSGenesis Version 2 update. This may also imply that as stated above, areas as far East as KLWB and KROA are not convered by the first release of Version 2. The new version 2 file also kind of sounds like it covered the entire USA, or North American Continent with no reference to the progressive updates which earlier sounded like USA coverage would be partial to start with in the West.Justin, if you read this, I would appreciate a bit of clarification. Thank you very much for this fine contribution. If your forum capability is up for your new website, I will try to post this there as well.Respectfully:RTH

If you are setting mesh resolution to 38m, aren't you negating any higher resolution mesh (Meaning 19m mesh) that you may have there?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The V2 Mesh only covers AREA 101. I believe a map came with the mesh to show this. For two days I have not been able to get into Justin's site. !!!!Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA