Sign in to follow this  

Would you really pay for this?

Guest Shep

My own response to your question Manny is a resounding yes. The reason I'm more than happy to pay (purchased every UK 2000 scenery ever released including the Xtreme series) is after designing and releasing a few UK airfields, I know exactly how time consuming it can be. The UK 2000 series have, over the years, represented great value, with often 30-40 airports being sold at well under

Guest bertvankampen

Hi Manny, You also can design it yourself with SBuilderX and FSDS, but doing this for the whole of the UK takes a lot of time and experience...;-) RegardsBertwww.worldoffs.com

If I used FSX I'd buy it. I use VFR Photographic scenery on FS9 If you read the description more closely you'd see it offered far more than "some buildings and trees". It actual adds buildings, runways, taxiways, etc in the CORRECT position in relation to the photographic scenery. I Don't know about FSX, but in FSX the default biulding and runways are not in exactly the rght places.

If the Dollar was in balance - yes. His work in freeware has been excellent. Perhaps this price is a bit high even in Euros but I view it as a thank you for ALL his contributions. Perhaps I will get it post-recession!Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Lith1um

Darn that grass looks good, but heck no. The price is crazy. Seems like so many people are treating FSX like an oportunity to grab some cash. FSX deffinately has the greediest mod community of any game. Almost everyone wants to be paid for any contribution, no matter how small.Lights? That'll be $10.00Grass? That'll be $19.99E.Don't mind me, I'm just grumbling out loud. I'm just glad the culture of profiteering hasn't made it's way to racing sims yet.

Guest fsxmissionguy

I think having a thriving add-on community is part of the reason why FSX is so much fun. Lots of talented add-on producers are toiling for very long hours to produce some very fine software.Every time I get bored with FSX, there's usually an add-on I can purchase that makes the game new to me again.30 bones for grass ... however.Jumpin jiminy. Am I missing something here?

>My own response to your question Manny is a resounding yes.>The reason I'm more than happy to pay (purchased every UK 2000>scenery ever released including the Xtreme series) is after>designing and releasing a few UK airfields, I know exactly how>time consuming it can be. >>The UK 2000 series have, over the years, represented great>value, with often 30-40 airports being sold at well under

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Hi Manny, >You also can design it yourself with SBuilderX and FSDS, but>doing this for the whole of the UK takes a lot of time and>experience...;-) >>Regards>Bert>www.worldoffs.comTrue that!And thinking about it more..if someone offered me something similar for the entire state of Texas or atleast 30-40 airports for $1 a piece, I'd grab it.:)Manny

Manny

>Its not Gary's fault. SP2 has forced him to it. >>Before SP2 & with FS9 his groundwork was excellent. >http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Ho...les/Page15.html>>You may find me strange. But if someone sold me 30-40 airports with just Photo texture or custom texture runways and taxiways... thats it. Even if no other improvements were done, I would jump with job and grab it. I would be willing to pay a premium price for that too!LOL :)Manny

Manny

Guest UlfB

>I am really curious to see how many would pay for this.I sure would'nt. I wouldn't even bother to download and install it if it was freeware. Sorry if I hurt somebodys feelings, but that's just my opinion. I would never post a negative opinion on a freeware add on, but this is payware.Ulf B

Guest UlfB

>Its not Gary's fault. SP2 has forced him to it. >>Before SP2 & with FS9 his groundwork was excellent. >http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Ho...les/Page15.html>>He wasn't forced. He had the option to do nothing. A long time ago he choose to develop add ons for FS. On every decision point on the FS evolution lane, he allways had an option to pull out. The transition from FS9 to FSX showed up to be a real big step. A positive step for me as a user of FSX. A negative step for a lot of developers. Some was forced to redraw from the market. Others have adopted and strive to get a reasonable profit. The reasons for this have by know have been beaten to death on this and other forums.Any way, this is how it is. Some user like FSX. Some don't. Some developers adopt. Others don't. No user is forced to buy any add on. No producer is forced to continue his business forever. If a developer promises to deliver something that he really can't, that's plain bad business. If a developer chooses to deliver below the market expectations, he'll be out of business sooner or later.So please, no one and nothing forced Gary to do anything, other than Gary himself.Ulf B

>I think having a thriving add-on community is part of the>reason why FSX is so much fun. Lots of talented add-on>producers are toiling for very long hours to produce some very>fine software.>>Every time I get bored with FSX, there's usually an add-on I>can purchase that makes the game new to me again.>>30 bones for grass ... however.>>Jumpin jiminy. Am I missing something here?I was just about to ask the same question, I found the grass textures at fspilotshop:Aero Files - Ground Details FSXand i was wondering if they really meant only grass textures!!!This add-on is really generous by comparison:New TaxiwaysNew RunwaysNew Runway lightingNew ApronsNew Taxiway-markingsNew Runway snow effectsNew Runway & Taxiway Wet lookNew Runway lightsNew Water bump map on all worldwide oceans, rivers & lakes.New Sun EffectsQuality Sharpened Texturesfor a lousy $54.95, on same site, touted as texture bundle with 100+ textures.Just compare this to ground environment and some freeware sets. Complete rip-off in my opinion, especially as add-ons like photoreal grass etc. are available for free.Makes me wonder who falls for this crap... *:-* Sascha

I read over at FSADDON that starting Feb. 1st 2008 they are going to treat the US dollar ($) the same as the EURO. No difference. If the other developers would do this I would be more apt to buy their products.I also figure that the FSX after-market products are indeed getting way out of control. All we have to do is stop buying until the market adjusts. I love capitalism.:-walksmile