Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

Another plea to plane developers....

Guest PPSFA

PLEASE! If you are going to create planes for FSX SP2, ensure they are fully compatible with the multiplayer / shared cockpit feature.If you can't or won't, then at least label your advertizing as such ( NOT Tested in MP/ SC).I just got sucked into another plane by a well known developer, payed hard earned money, and then find out it doesn't work as advertized. And to top it off, their attitude is basicly "too bad", even though it's advertized as an FSX developed plane.FSX multiplayer is about the best thing since sliced bread, and the shared cockpit feature is the icing on the cake, when it works. I think as more people find out what an absolute blast flying with other's is, as well as the availibility to get/receive real time training, multiplayer will be the wave of the future.To take all the time and effort to develop planes that are normally flown by 2 pilots, then not take the time to ensure it works, when it is an intregal part of FSX, is at the least bad policy, and at the worst, false advertizing. If you developers want to continue to get my money, and I spend a LOT of it on FSX, shape up!I am rapidly becomming a 'one company' flyer, THANK YOU Eaglesoft for your planes, without them I'd be relegated to the default planes, which btw, work in shared cockpit, so tks to Aces too!Well, thats not entirely true. I have some that were made for FS9, that work fine in FSX, which really makes me wonder why some of these developers for FSX addon's can't seem to get it right.Hmmmm, Eaglesoft, any chance of you guys doing the Boeing series, a coupla Gulfstreams, maybe a Falcon and a few others? I'll be your first customer, pay ya $100.00 a plane, beta test for ya, and if I have to, have your baby :-) EOR (end of rant)

Guest PPSFA

>Who is the developer? If I name names this will probably get pulled, let me just say that as a pilot in command of a 737, my FO doesnt have much to do.

>I feel your pain there.That was a good laugh. :)Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

>PLEASE! If you are going to create planes for FSX SP2, ensure>they are fully compatible with the multiplayer / shared>cockpit feature.Although not anything you might wish to know, here is a link to Susan Ashlock's blog post on the subject of MP/SC data synchronization:http://blogs.technet.com/engauged/archive/...rio-part-1.aspxNotice the date on the blog entry: November 19, 2007......a full YEAR after FSX release and just then (finally) being "revealed!"Note also that the followup article for XML MP/SC data sharing has yet to appear...How then is this the fault of third-party developers? Absent timely and accurate information, 3rd-party devs' hands are tied... :-eek

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest PPSFA

tks Bill, looks like good info if one is a developer, I'm not :-)It seems some figured it out on their own, maybe the rest will follow. As I said, I'm glad you folks at ES figured this out a while back, I just finished a KSFO-KSAN in the CJ1, and with weather, my FO got a real workout hehehe.

-SNIP-< Absent timely and accurate information, 3rd-party devs' hands are>tied... :-eek This could be labeled "The story of FSX..." Paul

Wide-5.jpg