Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Glass Guages Way too Bright

Since SP2 the VC glass guages are way too bright. I have noticed that at dust or morning with the lights on they are perfect, but at night I need my sunglasses to look at them. I like to land using VC so I have to turn the panel lights off but then I dont know ezactly what I am doing..... Does anybody know if I can change this somewhere? Thanks!:-cool

Jim Wenham

Guest Davidbiz

I went into the Aircraft config file and found the line for vc lights. I copied the line in case I needed to revert to those settings and then played with the numbers, reducing them quite a lot. You have to reduce them by the power of ten each time and then make sure you load another aircraft and then re-load the 737 or airbus. Check out the lights and see if they're better. It worked for me! Good luck.

>I went into the Aircraft config file and found the line for>vc lights. I copied the line in case I needed to revert to>those settings and then played with the numbers, reducing them>quite a lot. You have to reduce them by the power of ten each>time and then make sure you load another aircraft and then>re-load the 737 or airbus. Check out the lights and see if>they're better. It worked for me! Good luck.Those "numbers" are simply moving the "vc light" up/down, forward/back, and left/right......if you move the light source around it will -of course- affect the ambient lighting......but, the gauges receive their light from a different source altogether, if indeed there is any backlighting at all, which many of the default a/c don't have. :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here is what I did. It makes the gauges alot darker in the day when there in a shadow but I can now see better at night.[ParticleAttributes.0]Blend Mode=2Texture=fx_2.bmpBounce=0.00Color Start=100, 100, 100, 1Color End=140, 120, 100, 0Jitter Distance=0.00Jitter Time=0.00uv1=0.00, 0.00uv2=0.01, 0.01X Scale Goal=0.00Y Scale Goal=0.00Z Scale Goal=0.00Extrude Length=0.00Extrude Pitch Max=0.00Extrude Heading Max=0.00You will find this in the effects folder file name fx_vclightI edited the Color End line, then in the aircraft config file look for the lights section. If you renamed your edited file you will need to reference it in the proper spot to the new name. Tou will see what I mean when you get in there.

Jim Wenham