Sign in to follow this  
Guest SHawk

Scenery Tech Landclass North America for FSX

Is anyone using this landclass? The price seems very reasonable for the area covered.I have FSX/Accel SP2, UTX and GEX installed at present and was wondering if there would be any benefit in installing this landclass also. Is this overkill, or a good idea?Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Guest PPSFA

I use all their landclass's, this company is a 'sleeper' :-)

Guest jshyluk

I wrote the AVSIM review for this product:http://www.avsim.com/pages/1107/SceneryTech/SceneryTech.htmPlease read it and see what you think.I agree that SceneryTech does good work, and is a developer that deserves to be watched for further developments. You definitely get a big make-over in FSX for a small cash expense. The new landclass is very good at:- Making mountain slopes more realistic- Including many small townsIt's pretty good at:- Reducing "desertification"What I didn't like was:- It turns urban core areas into green sub-urbs. SceneryTech is good with fixing isues and making updates with their products, and their customer service seems to be very good (at least from my view).Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest SHawk

I use and like Scenery Tech Landclass NA, but it's my understanding that it is an alternative to UTX, so you wouldn't gain anything by running both.

>I use and like Scenery Tech Landclass NA, but it's my>understanding that it is an alternative to UTX, so you>wouldn't gain anything by running both.As the UTX landclass enhancements are primarily aimed at improvement of the urban areas, you can happily use UTX landclass in conjunction with other more generalised landclass products like Scenery Tech and FSGenesis by layering them appropriately. How to do this is covered in the UTX documentation. This allows you to get the benefit of both the accurate UTX urban coverage and the other landclass products outside the urban areas.Also, UTX adds considerably more than just urban landclass with its accurate roads, railroads, water features, night lighting and enhanced road traffic (to list a few of its other features).Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Thanks for the replies.Especially Jeff. I read your review. You must have invested many hours with that one. Great work! I don't know how I could have missed it as I try to read as many of the reviews as I can. I will certainly use this information to make a decision.So far, I'm pretty happy with what I have in the U.S. but was more interested in the fact that Scenery Tech also includes the Caribbean and Central America where I do a good deal of my flying. I may purchase the product with these areas specifically in mind. I don't think I can go wrong given the price.Thanks again.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals