Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Shockwave 3D Lights Redux Upgrade - Problem

Anytime you see a "non-transparent, block" like that it simply means that there is a texture file either missing or corrupted.Some "developers" seem to think it's "Okay" to replace, delete or modify the stock FSX effects textures......well, it's not! Please leave the default .fx files and textures alone!At a "guess," I suspect the stock fx_2.bmp file is either missing or somehow modified/corrupted.Look in your ..EffectsTexture folder and check the file dates for the bitmaps. They should have the date 07/26/2006 if they are FSX default.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Mike,Just shoot an email to shockwave and re-download. You must have been one of those who got the package the day it was released. This was a Wings of POWER texture that we being referenced that was corrected the next day.Scott

Hi Bill and Scott,Thanks for your help. I'm in the process of contacting Shockwave (requires me to register, activate account, etc) to request a fresh link for the latest download. You are right Scott, I think I was one of the first :)Cheers!Mike

Hi I have a similar problem which affects aircraft lights as well as those on runways. In my case the black squares disappear and the correct lights are displayed after a 10-15 seconds. I'll check fx-2.bmp tonight when I go home. Thanks for your info.

Uninstalled (to restore the original backup files) and then reinstalled with the new installer - Problem fixed!Thanks again!Mike :)