Sign in to follow this  
Guest gmark

Just.....Fantastic!

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi,After tweaking till I dropped I thought bugger it, wiped my fsx.cfg and started from scratch. Now the only tweak I use is the autogen one trees to 2500.I must report back, ive just flown the level-d 767 down into vancouver intl with dense autogen and scenery and 20% traffic, and WOW! what a realistic approach, it seems 100% more realistic that FS9! This is also with WOAI traffic too at 50%! Now I no longer look at the FPS counter as it is fluid so no need to! This sim is, as I say, Fantastic!Now the only thing I need a faster CPU for is addon airports, but to be honest I can live without them considering the amount of detail as you approach big cities now. Stunning.

>Hi,>>After tweaking till I dropped I thought bugger it, wiped my>fsx.cfg and started from scratch. Now the only tweak I use is>the autogen one trees to 2500.>>I must report back, ive just flown the level-d 767 down into>vancouver intl with dense autogen and scenery and 20% traffic,>and WOW! what a realistic approach, it seems 100% more>realistic that FS9! This is also with WOAI traffic too at 50%!>Now I no longer look at the FPS counter as it is fluid so no>need to! This sim is, as I say, Fantastic!>>>Now the only thing I need a faster CPU for is addon airports,>but to be honest I can live without them considering the>amount of detail as you approach big cities now. Stunning.>>What motherboard are you using?What kind of cpu temps do you get?

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Asus p5k-wifiap editionidle cpu temp ranges from 35-40c depending on my room temp. Under load max is 55C, once hit 59C but I had house heating on full!

Ain't life just great!:-sun1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest gmark

I just completed a new build on Friday using the new E8400 and 8800 GT. Haven't tweaked anything at all in FSX. What a difference from my older P4 and ATI 9550.GMark@KMGY

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Are you going to overclock the E8400? I bet it can hit 4ghz! Anyone know if any Quad 8 series are coming out? If I can get one of those at the same price as the Q6600, then were talking!

Guest gmark

I'm not too much into overclocking. But I do know that many are and from the forums, they seem to be able to get a reliable 4ghz out of the 8400, and certainly even more for the 8500 (at more expense). GMark@KMGY