Sign in to follow this  
sargeski

Large/med towns = 2-6 fps....

Guest Kris

anyone know any tweaks or files i can get to move the fps up, for some reason my fps in large/med towns realy hit the floor, 2-6 fps even with autogen only at mediumthx in advance

Guest killbox

well it would be good to know your system specs

Guest Kris

sry about that, here they are:Intel E6850 dual core @ 3.15GHz4 gigs of ram8800 GTX 768 mb grapich card

Guest JimC1702

You shouldn't need any tweaks with that system. Mine is very similar (specs below) except I only have 3 gb of RAM. I just upgraded from a Pentium 4 2.6 ghz with a 7600GT and 2 gb of RAM.FSX was really not running any better on the new computer than it had on the old, and I was having trouble with it hanging at menus and when loading or exiting the program. After trying different drivers and uninstalling my World of AI traffic, which didn't help, I finally turned off Avast! anti-virus. It made a world of difference. I had always run Avast on my XP computer and FSX but for some reason it doesn't get along with Vista and FSX. It may not be your problem, but something isn't right with your config, you should be seeing good performance with your hardware.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Kris,What is your install SP1 or SP2, what addons if any do you have installed, what tweaks if any have you applied to your fsx.cg file, and what are your fsx configuration settings (your sliders) set at.