Sign in to follow this  
Rottenlungs

The Flying Kangaroo

Guest HGNK

UK gets battered by Gale Force Winds today (gusts in excess of 50 KTS) and a Qantas 744 lands after a go-around on Heathrow 27L, at around 3 pm this afternoon. It wasn't made easier by several British Airways 744's and a Virgin A340, that landed successfully a few minutes. The locals seemed unfazed, but they weren't the only crew to go-around.They made all Aussies proud!(7 people have died in the UK today because of the weather).

Guest airbus2

Yeah the winds have been crazy today. My power has only come back on. was fun though to go to my local airport and look at a few landings, and i have got to say they were brilliant landings given the circumstances.Dave

Lets not forget - "Every landing is a failed go-around" - as my instructor said to me.For all we know the g/a may well be totally unrelated to the weather.If in any doubt, go round.CheersJames