Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Seeing BLACK Squares where lights should be!

In spot view, I'm starting to see black squares visually where the landing lights should be. I suspect I made a conscious choice to change these lights with some aircraft I downloaded or purchased. I can't seem to remember the aircraft or how to go back to my old light configuration. Does that "ring a bell" with some of you? I remember the question concerning changing my lights to be more realistic or something, and I said yes. I think if I'm able to revert back to my default landing lights, all will be well. Help if you recall this optional installation.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Most likely, a file called halo.bmp has been edited (if that helps.)When you say "landing lights" I assume you mean "runway lights."

No, I do not mean the runway lights. I mean the landing lights on various planes. As I view them in spot view, I see these black squares covering the lights. I do remember a landing light option adjustment on some plane that I downloaded (could have been payware). I changed the lights to look more realistic. I believe that is the culprit, but I can't remember the specific download.Stan

I had the same problem after I purchased Redux 3D lights -- so annoying that I ditched the product and went back to the default fsx lights.Ron

Guest fsxmissionguy

Seems like I read a thread elsewhere indicating that on the first day of release of the Shockwave 3D lights, they detected this problem and fixed it, but if you downloaded on that first day, you got this problem.I'd contact them again. I believe they are offering a free download of the fix.

They did fix it.. Sometimes my video card seems a little slow and it renders effects like lights or smoke as black squares until the program is fully loaded.