Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

FSX SDK -- BGL Comp

I could use some help please. I just "upgraded" from FSX Standard to FSX Deluxe and want to develop some FSX AFCADS (I know that they technically aren't AFCADS but you know what I mean). Anyway, I searched the Forum for the location and the only advice I came away with was that the SDK was on DVD#1. So I inserted Disc 1 and had only two choices: Remove or Repair. How do I get the SDK for FSX??? I did a full deletion of the Standard edition and what I thought was a full install of the Deluxe version but Airport Design Editor v1.05 can't locate the SDK on my PC.Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

To stop AutoRun when you insert the disk #1 hold down the left shift key for a bit. Then you can use Windows Explorer to nivigate to the DVD and you'll find the folder with the SDK in it. That's v1 of the SDKs, which have gone through three more releases/patch. You'll have to match the SDK update to your installed version of FSX. There are ones for SP1 FSX, SP2 FSX and FSX Accel.If you're wondering whether you could just install the updated version, the answer is no. The updates look for an existing installation of the SDKs before doing their work. So it's a little tedious working your way up through the release process.Once you get it installed..., then the fun begins! Good luck in your efforts.

>I could use some help please. I just "upgraded" from FSX>Standard to FSX Deluxe and want to develop some FSX AFCADS -SNIP->>Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks! You should go on over to www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/ and have a look at the "Tools" and "Scenery" forums. Particularly read the ADE, FSX Planner, FSX_KML areas as well as the any info on SBuilderX. Also investigate Whisplacer. I use all of these tools in my "upgrading" of FSX default airports to add non-existant parking ( Acceleration "Edwards" comes to mind ) or to add scenery elements to make the FSX "stock" airports more like the "real life" versions. Especially smaller ones and in my case, re-commisioning old military fields in Eastern Europe. You will, of course, need the SDK version that applies to your FSX inmstallation....there are different ones for RTM, SP1, AccelerationSP2 and, I believe, the standalone SP2. Quite a bag of worms there, IMO. In any case, once you get the SDK installed have at it. There are also several tools that you should investigate with respect to adding AI traffic. I STRONGLY suggest that you do NOT try to use the Traffic DataBase Bulilder in the SDK unless you are immune to frustration and have infinate patience. I have excelent results using TTools-based AI BGLs that havebeen run through one of the "FS9 to FSX" conversion utilities. That's m $0.02 worth...actually about $.0136 at todays $ vs Euro rate... Paul

Wide-5.jpg