Sign in to follow this  
fulfern

PAI AI aircraft not visible in SP2

Hi all,today I discovered that many of my AI planes (mostly PAI models) are no more visible in FSX SP2, and I'm quite sure they were before, as I tested them all visually when I added "jetway exit numbers" in their aircraft.cfg.Oddly enough, if I select one of these invisible aircrafts in the aircraft menu, and switch in external view, the aircraft is perfectly visible, but it is not when used as an AI aircraft (I use AIFPC to compile).I've tried to modify the textures (DXT1, DXT3, ecc.) to no avail.Does anyone know either a fix or where to find AI model compatible with SP2?Thanks in advanceFulvio

>Hi all,>today I discovered that many of my AI planes (mostly PAI>models) are no more visible in FSX SP2, and I'm quite sure>they were before, as I tested them all visually when I added>"jetway exit numbers" in their aircraft.cfg.>Oddly enough, if I select one of these invisible aircrafts in>the aircraft menu, and switch in external view, the aircraft>is perfectly visible, but it is not when used as an AI>aircraft (I use AIFPC to compile).>I've tried to modify the textures (DXT1, DXT3, ecc.) to no>avail.>>Does anyone know either a fix or where to find AI model>compatible with SP2?>Thanks in advance>>FulvioHi Fluvio,I, too, recently encountered this "SP2 induced" problem with FS9 AIaircraft being invisible at a particular airport I was updating.The aircraft became visable if I turned OFF "Aircraft casts shadows onthe ground" but were invisable with that option on.In the fsdevelopers forum I got a response to my question aboutthis problem and it turns out to be caused by some FS9 ( or perhapsearlier ) scenery that I had enabled at another airport nearby.Disabling that scenery allowed my AI to be seen, even with the "Cast shadows" set to on.I had noticed that the very same AI that were invisible at LHTL wereperfectly visable at LZSL as well as "enroute". I was using the very samescenery elements that I used at LZSL and so, was perplexed. Removing allthe scenery at LHTL did not fix the problem. That's when I posted andgot the response about the SP2 induced problem being "location dependant". As I mentioned, disabling the "old" scenery at an airportnear LHTL "fixed" the problem. Of couse, reverting to SP1 would orRTM would also have "fixed" it... Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Hi Paul,thank you very much for your quick reply, that helped me find out my problem.Actually, in FS9 I used an automatic batch procedure for testing new AI planes, always in the same airport, with a special afcad file.Today I had updated the procedure for FSX and remade the AFX file, but by mistake, I put too small a value (18m)in the parking radius, so only the small to medium planes fit in.Now it seems that all my AI planes are correctly visible.Again, thanksCiaoFulvio