Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

FSX Missions

I have just started having a good look at those included with fsx. Flew the 747 into Singapore, atc vectors, f/o handling the radios, giving instructions etc and quite enjoyed it and would like more. Does the addon "approaches #3' interact the same way? Any suggestions as to where to find more whether freware or payware would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Guest fsxmissionguy

DB,A good place to start is in the AVSIM library. There are several good missions there. Just use the search function and search on the term "mission."Another good place would be here:http://fsxmission.com/live/This is a community of mission developers and there are forums where you can get updates on new missions as they are released.I have released two freeware missions - Boston Skyscraper Fire and Palm 90. You can get them here:Palm 90http://www.box.net/shared/q8t46n4hkqBoston Skyscraper Firehttp://www.box.net/shared/3gtugkhbdoEnjoy,Kevin

Guest rap777

Thanks Kevin!I noticed they where released prior to SP2. Do you think there may be any problems with SP2 ?Thanks again for your great effort and I am looking forward to more of your Missions!Kind Regards and God bless Alfred

Guest NeXTer

No issues from what I can tell. I flew the Palm 90 mission last week and I just flew the Boston mission. No issues other than me being surprised by the Boston mission having a B206 rather than using the B205 as stated in the description but I suspect that's easier than sending people to the file archive for the latter.Both are excellent missions!Oh, and btw, I've flown pretty much every mission in the file archive on Acceleration and there are three I've had issues with: Oregon Blaze, Sim Westerly and Lost in the Snow. The two former don't work at all and the latter has some weirdness with the first pickup...

Guest fsxmissionguy

Oregon Ablaze is an excellent mission.I wish I could locate the author. I have edited his XML to make the mission work again in SP2/Acceleration ... however I am reluctant to release it very widely without his permission.Anybody know who created Oregan Ablaze?

I'm a forest fire ssuppresion pilot, past rotory wing and now fixed wing(Cl215 & others) and would enjoy fying Oregon Ablaze.....never going to grow up. When you feel you can release it for sp2 & acceleration I would very much like to have it. All the best, Dave

Guest NeXTer

Might want to look at the Hill AB Fire Crew Extraction mission in the meantime if you haven't already done so. It's in the library.

Thanks very much for all the replies....One more question - Is there a way to change the aircraft when starting up a mission i.e. from the fsx b747 to the pmdg b747.?

Guest NeXTer

Just check the "Allow changes to mission" box before starting the mission and you can change whatever you want once the mission has started.