Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

What a totally different world FSX is with GEXnhanced and UTX!

I guess that by now, most of you are pretty tired of hearing about someones interaction with FSX and GEXhanced, UTX-(whatever), and I promise at least from me, there will be no more 'experience posts' regarding the above from this forum member. My present flight (on pause) has just inspired me to tap the keys upon this subject, one last time...----------------------------------------------------------I am presently in VFR flight (using Real Weather) having departed from KMYR (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina). I took off and headed out to find highway US 501, actually. I am presently about two miles off from that highway heading West in rather clear sky with a ground-level temperature of about 35 F. Not too warm a day for the golfers around the County!What I wished to make as my 'Swan Song' final comment(s) in using GEXnhanced and both UTX-USA and Canada is this; Since having installed what I now jokingly call the three programs (the FSX Chairman-Of-The-Board Trio) I have become enthralled with VFR flight. I never used to be, with any prior sim, or their sequential versions. Why would I?!? All that was below you, was merely haphazard, manufactured scenery made to 'appear' as a depiction of life-like terrain. It really didn't matter ***WHERE*** you were within the sim, as long as you arrived at your destination airport and had an enjoyable Approach. That has all changed with FSX's great rendering engine, and the true-to-life ground textures of GEXnhanced 1.05, and object placements by UTX-X. I had gone to the FTX Aussie site, of which one of the developers made a very good comment; in that when viewing topography within FSX as versus FS9, no matter WHAT elevation you chose to view the terrain at...it still looked good, right down to the kissing of the tree-tops with your landing gear. FS9's technology simply can't do that. You blur out to a collage of color and focus (believability of what is seen) is lost.With flying near, and just to the side of US501, I simply can't get over the fact that now...I can identify bodies of water, the highways and secondary roadways of the Greater Myrtle Beach Area. They are where they are supposed to be--and in sharp, detailed focus to boot! It is like really having the best of both worlds...Tile Proxy's accuracy (in view-down depiction) of what lays below your wing, but to my mind, the much more diverse topography, colors, and textures displayed by GEXnhanced.Talking about (well actually TYPING ABOUT) those tree-tops that I mentioned were almost brushing against my landing gear....I paused FSX (to come here to post) in an action of just doing that to test that clarity and believability of what my senses were telling me was happening. I have now removed AUTO-GEN scenery as I find the two-dimensional representation of GEXnhanced to be so real to the eyes, and life-like, that it is now my preferred choice, such as is with Larry.I am flying not 100 feet above TWO DIMENSIONAL tree-stands, and yet (KUDOS TO NICK N.) I can see, or my mind easily perceives 'three dimensional depth, right down to the ground. What Nick did with the enhancement is pure magic. Your mind easily thinks it sees in 3D, and the rest is 'history'. That is the magic that FSX has become for me. I am now so much **more INTO the actual enjoyment** of flight, and am no longer always yanked back to 'this side of the monitor' because something didn't look right, or not enough FPS (fluidity), whatever...the whatever's are no longer happening. My concentration now stays within the simulated world, and easily so!That 'happening'---is just sheer, relaxed enjoyment. The body of water that is now accurately placed by UTX-X, the river that is also so, highways that I travel in real life to GET to Myrtle Beach, there also...is what was always wanted, and now has been acquired. Stuff of the gods.... GEXnhanced, and UTX has made FSX into a truly believable simulacrum of the breathing and living World. I guess, that I can only say that---really for myself. Others will either agree, or tend to not agree to that statement, as is their right.-----------------------------------------------------Happy flying, all!Mitch R.

Guest PPSFA

Add FEX to complete the transition :-)

Glad you are enjoying yourself-that is what simming should be all about....No autogen! I was called crazy when I made the same observation with almost the same machine when fsx came out 1.5 years ago! :-lolYou may want to try the one "tweak" I use-turning off the autogen buildings which interfere with the high res textures and have a low res/lego like appearance-but leaving the trees-preferably turned all the way up. By doing so you get the best of all worlds-if your scenery complexity slider is up you will have buildings in the airport environment/cities but clarity of textures , trees, and sharp buildings from altitude that look very real.Just insert this under your terrain section of the fsx.cfg file:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=0000Some have said setting the buildings to 0000 may cause crashes but I haven't had a single one. If however you were to, you could always just set the building figure to a low figure.As far as vfr vs. ifr-it should be pointed out the at some point except for zero/zero autolands the big guys do, the goal of any flight is to end up visual so you can land it.Although I have been flying pretty much exclusively ifr for the last 18 years-87% of that ifr flight time is visual -why in almost 850 hours of ifr logged flight I have only logged 74 hours actual (169 simulated with hood). So visuals are realistic and important-even when flying ifr!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I use ZERO building autogen as well and the result is excellent even at low altitude.Here is a screen and the same one embossed with Irfan View effect, showing the "3D"feeling. :-)http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8660/000sw2.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7964/1111kq5.jpg

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hello David,Those two pictures really demonstrate what I was trying in words to impart. I see the same thing at the same clear, sharp focus of detail. Like I said, the stuff of the gods...:)Mitch

Guest Nick_N

3000 buildings4500 treesmaximum values... 6000/6000never set to 0 according to Aces.. use 1 if you intend to go to zero but I never tested that because I do not use the lines... I let it run default

Guest Nick_N

Could beI read it many many moons ago LOLThere are a LOT of things that work better than what the directions and official advice suggest