Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

i need help

Guest killbox

well all my settings are at the minimum but still i have textures that are crisp for a few minutes and den after a few minutes become very blurred (this is with everything on minimum except for texture quality at high). On medium settings i can run with same fps and i still get blurred textures after a few mins of just sitting on the runway..

Hi killbox.To get any help with your problem from a brilliant community of guys in this forum, I think it may be better if you could provide some more info about your computer first. Something similar to what I have below my signature should suffice.

Guest killbox

well i have two computers that aren't that great (one is a laptop which has an AGP card thus is faster).My first computer plays FSX with a crappy average of 7FPS256mb FX55002.39 GHZ Pentium 4768mb RAMWindows XP SP280GB HardDriveLaptop2.0Ghz Processor Pentium M512mb Ram64mb Radeon 9600 mobilityWindows XP SP2120Gb HardriveBoth have SP2 for FSX installedI have uninstalled fsx from my desktop since i could only get a crappy 7fps out of it. On my laptop however i can get 15fps easily flying in virtual cockpit and around 10fps in spot view (in large cities like LAX). Before i did some tweaks and installed SP2 the fps in spot view was very like around 5fps but after tweaking the fsx.cfg and installing sp2 and sp1 the fps in spot view and virtual cockpit have increased but the textures become blurred after sitting on the runway for a few mins. Sometimes the virtual cockpit textures are fine and after takeoff and after approaching another airport the textures blur again. When the textures blur all ATC text cannot be red since that is blurred aswell and the menu items at the top are just dashes and i cant select anything.thank you for any help!

The only tweaks that you should be trying for SP2 are autogen tweaks. For starters, I would recommend that you rename your fsx.cfg to fsx.bak. After you do that fire up FSX and it will build a new one. The blurring issue has to do with your video card, which I"m afraid doesn't have the required horsepower to handle FSX.

Guest killbox

>The only tweaks that you should be trying for SP2 are autogen>tweaks. For starters, I would recommend that you rename your>fsx.cfg to fsx.bak. After you do that fire up FSX and it will>build a new one. >>The blurring issue has to do with your video card, which I"m>afraid doesn't have the required horsepower to handle FSX.well i still get blurring issues while im in the virtual cockpit. before i did any tweaks and installed SP2 i was able to fly in the virtual cockpit with high settings and get no blurrs.

Guest killbox

>>The only tweaks that you should be trying for SP2 are>autogen>>tweaks. For starters, I would recommend that you rename>your>>fsx.cfg to fsx.bak. After you do that fire up FSX and it>will>>build a new one. >>>>The blurring issue has to do with your video card, which I"m>>afraid doesn't have the required horsepower to handle FSX.>>well i still get blurring issues while im in the virtual>cockpit. before i did any tweaks and installed SP2 i was able>to fly in the virtual cockpit with high settings and get no>blurrs. and also currently i am trying to run fsx without blurrs on the most minimal settings the game will allow and i still get blurs

Unfortunately, this means that your machine (cpu/memory/video card) cannot keep up with what FSX asks of it. Best is to go back to SP1.Just uninstall SP2. Or better, go back to FS9, assuming a new machine is not an option..I believe the Aces team have stated that it was a design decision to make FSX SP2 more of a "go with what you've got" program. Previous releases would be willing to wait, causing frame rate problems and stuttering, which many complained about..

Bert

Guest killbox

is it possible to uninstall SP2? Do i just do it from the add/remove programs?and do you think FSX would have any chance on me desktop?

Guest fsxmissionguy

You shouldn't uninstall SP2. Would not solve your problem, and will likely degrade the sim in other areas you aren't noticing now because you're concerned with the texture loading issue.You're on the low end, spec-wise, with both of those boxes. Your laptop hard drive is probably a texture-loading bottleneck.My advice - upgrade your CPU if you can. If you can't, make sure nothing else is running when you're using FSX (all background programs stopped.) And dial down all of your complexity sliders.All versions of Flight Simulator have put pressure on weaker hardware. You're seeing that.

Guest killbox

i will be getting a top range computer next year hopefully with the new nvidia series but for the moment im making do with my crapboxes

Yes, you can uninstall it from the add/remove programs.FSX needs a fast computer to run, so you may not like it on your current system, no matter which release you run..

Bert