Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel42

FSX simply "not responding"... HELP!!

This is a somewhat complicated problem so please bear with me.I have consulted, through the forums, with John Dekker from Radar Contact and Peter Dowson from FSUIPC. Both have provided as much help as they can and now we are all stymied.I am running FSX with SP1 installed and PMDG 747-400, Radar Contact and FSMeteo. That's all... no other addon aircraft, panels or scenery.The problem now is that FSX will not open for me. I get the splash screen and the "loading scenery files" and "creating database" notifications and then it just sits there. Eventually displaying "not responding".Pete Dowson from FSUIPC seems to think that it is somehow related to the SimConnect foldersfiles in my c:windowswinsxs folder. He thinks that by deleting these files and using the FSX installation disk "repair" mode that they will be replaced with the correct files. The problem is that I cannot delete these files. I am using Vista and have tried every trick in the book to get around their roadblocks. I have opened explorer in "administrator" mode. I have tried changing the attributes, etc. but to no avail.I am now sitting here with hundreds of dollars worth of FS hardware and software and can't use anything.Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate any help you could give.

Guest Wizard

Did you gp into the fsx modules folder and delete any.dll files related to these programs. I have had CTD'd and other freeze ups and delete these .dll's realated to and started over from scratch.Goos luckMike

Guest Wizard

Did you gp into the fsx modules folder and delete any.dll files related to these programs. I have had CTD'd and other freeze ups and delete these .dll's realated to and started over from scratch.Goos luckMike

Thanks to everybody on all the forums. I'M FINALLY UP AND RUNNING!! The problem? The logbook.bin file. I deleted it per one of the forum suggestions and everything is back to normal.Thanks again to everybody with all their suggestions.

Simple, huh? :) Thanks to Geoff. This has happened twice to me, and so I now have LogBookEdit and FSX Logbook Recovery in the toolkit:- fsxlogrecovery11.zip, by Daniel van Os and logbookedit-0411062225.zip by Lamont Clarke. Both available here in the Library.FS Logbook edit allows one to "fix" those legitimate flights that were screwed up for whatever reason, and works very well. FSX Logbook Recovery resides in the same folder as the logbook bin file. It will make a backup of your good logbook, and if used often enough - you won't ever lose your flights. It will analyze the book and fix any corrupted entries. It does a terrific job.Yes - hanging during the load is so common this fix ought to be a pinned post. :-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Daniel42

Let me add that I intend to update the Logbook Recovery tool as I have received several logbooks that couldn't be fixed. But so far I haven't had the time to analyze these books.Daniel