Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

EH101 attitude indicator offset

Guest raulvolador2

HiI love the Eh101 acceleration rotorcraft. It is a great plane. I am learning to hover now.I noticed that whith the Eh101 hovering my attitude indicator is showing a possitive pitch angle. That is confused for me. I would like a zero pitch angle showing in the attitude indicator gauge, for a better control.Any way to modify the offset of this gauge ?Have fun.Raul de Frutos (raulvolador)--------------

Guest Calb

The 4-5 degrees nose up pitch attitude of the EH101 during hover is normal because the main rotor is inclined forward 4-5 degrees relative to the longitudinal axis of the fuselage.To get the HSI to indicate "level" while hovering, add the following line to the EH101 panel.cfg file:(Views) note: these need to be square bracketsVIEW_FORWARD_DIR= 4.0,0.0,0.0Good luck in trying use the instruments for **precise** hovering. You will find it very, very difficult, if not impossible. If you are using the VC, that will make it even more difficult.Cal - CYXX

Guest raulvolador2

Cal:Thanks a lot.I will try your panel.cfg mod. Sure it will help me for a better hovering.I use the 2D view for rotorcrafts, with minimal instruments (VSI, Attitude Indicator, AirSpeed) and a little window in aerial view (for landing and take off operations)I use an helicopter autopilot (HC075DI_FSX_COUGAR_AUTOPILOT one) only for sling missions, as is impossible for me stay hovering at a consistent position and altitude and pressing CTRL+U, J and K keys simultaneously !Thanks again.Raul----

Guest raulvolador2

Cal:Tonight I try your panel.cfg modification with no success.Any other advice ?Raul----

Guest Calb

Did you see the *NOTE* regarding the square brackets. If you don't put square brackets around the word "views", it will not be recognized by FSX.If you still can't get it to work, you can download a copy of my EH101 panel.cfg file here:http://members.shaw.ca/cbooth/panel.zipCal

Cal,Do choppers have a trim wheel like a fixed wing?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Calb

Nope.Self-centering sticks are a real pain, ain't they?Cal - CYXX

Guest raulvolador2

Cal:Sure i wrote the square brackets in the panel.cfgI noticed a change in the angle of view, but no change in the attitude indicator (AI) gauge.I think your mod is the same that the CTRL + Q or CTRL + SHIFT + Q keys that only affect the view but no the avionics.I resigned to hover with that 4 degrees offset.Thanks.Raul-----

Guest Douglas K

>>>> I resigned to hover with that 4 degrees offset.<<<

Of course, changing the static_pitch_angle is defeating the realism of the original configuration. The EH-101 does have that pitch angle while hovering, and so the EHSI should report that pitch angle by design... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Douglas K

>>>> Of course, changing the static_pitch_angle is defeating the realism of the original configuration. The EH-101 does have that pitch angle while hovering, and so the EHSI should report that pitch angle by design...;) <<<

Guest raulvolador2

Douglas:Thanks, thanks, thanks.That aircraft.cfg mod is exactly what i am looking for.good flights.Raul------

>Yes, I

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Douglas K

>>>>Douglas:Thanks, thanks, thanks.That aircraft.cfg mod is exactly what i am looking for.good flights.<<<

Guest Douglas K

>>>> that although there seems to be a demand for increased "realisim" in aircraft packages, there are always those who find such a high degree of realism intolerable... <<<