Sign in to follow this  
Guest Liftwaffel

Where is the bin?

Guest Liftwaffel

I did an auto load of the latest NVidia drivers, don't know the #.Thanks, I'll head over to Level D to check it out.

>Your settings gave me 10 fps on ground and 10-15 in the air,>dropping to 10 when I entered clouds. Visually it was quite>nice.>>It does run quite smooth at 10-15 but I'm not happy with the>amount of money I've invested in this PC.>>I do have SP1 and 2.Make sure you are not setting Multisampling for your AA in your Graphic driver. Use 8xs (Supersampling). It's similar quality, and easier on the system. Also you didn't say what your fsx.cfg settings were. Set your texure bandwidth mult to about 100, your fiber frames to .23 .33 is default, but with your system you should get better results with .23 without getting blurries. Set the max number of trees and buildings to less than 3000, and make sure you are including the AfinityMask setting to 3. Also add MipBias=6 (This will further help with potential blurries) These are those settings in case you don't know how to enter them.Under DisplayTEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=100WideViewAspect=True (If you are using a widescreen moniter, false otherwise)Under MainFIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.23Under Display.device...MipBias=6Under TerrainTERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=3000.00TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000.00At the end of the file[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=3 (If not already there.)Also, periodically I find it necessary to backup and let the system rebuild the fsx.cfg file (Making these inputs again) and that boosts performance!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Liftwaffel

That's where my FSX is heading if I can't get it sorted. It doesn't matter what I do, I'm stuck with 8-15 fps in VC. On ground and in the air. I've updated the drivers. I've updated directX. I can't install the hotfixes as I get a "not for my system" message.I've tried low settings and high settings. It runs "best" with these Nvidia settings:http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_fsx_techtips.htmlbut those leave me with airports without a single building and no taxiway lights. So, am I supposed to install a mega airport and not be able to see it?This game barely runs better om my new PC than it did on my old one which had a Gforce FX5700 card, 1,8 Ghz Cpu and 750 Mb RAM.I use LevelD 767 or Wilco 737 and Track IR and VC.I've got:-3Ghz Dual core 6850 CPU.-Windows Vista 32 bit-4 Gb RAM (only 3 Gb usable due to OS).-Gforce 8800 GTX 768 Mb Card.-One 22 Inch Wide screen 1068 x 1050.-One old 17 inch screen used for the aircraft panels.I got this PC so I could run FSX without running counterclockwise around my desk three times while throwing salt over both my shoulder in order to get it to work.I've cleaned up and defragged. Switched off Avast. Tried with only one monitor. Tried with low settings. High settings. Kicking it. Swearing. Begging. I'm %

Hi,There is definitely something wrong with your setup.You have a very good machine and should get nice results.You may have a look at this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchRegards,

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Liftwaffel

Thanks David,I've alreadty tried most of your tips before, but no dice. I've just downloaded nhancer, but I don't understand which device is in control, nvidia control panel or nhancer. I've right clicked on the nhancer icon, but can't find a way to set the default settings like you have suggested.FSX seems to run best with the nvidia settings (slightly tweaked), but FPS is jumping all over the place. If I can keep a steady fps above 15-20 then I don't really have a problem with the sim.What is considered a "normal" FPS in VC?

Guest Liftwaffel

Thanks!I've got an Out of Memory message as well every now and them. Pluss no visuals when it rains. I know there is a rain fix somwhere, but for now I'll try to get some more PFS with normal weather.

the bin is the place for this sim....believe me i have tried every fix,tweak tip,setting known to man including nhancer and it still runs like a pigeon walking.i have a super duper computer which runs fs9 loaded with add ons like a dream so i am sticking with that and bining fsx myself......

FSInn totally screwed up my FSX lol....not sure what I did wrong.... got rid of that quick, then went back to SB3 and FS9 for VATSIM

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can I suggest running this FSXMark 07 program, you can find it in the file library...see how you do with those settingsHeres the forum post on it....lots of info there...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchAlso, what sort of performance did you get before you loaded all your addons?With your machine I'd venture to say you should be getting 25-30FPS locked in smaller cities/rural areas, prolly about 15-20 in larger cities with a the default C172 VC.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>the bin is the place for this sim....believe me i have tried>every fix,tweak tip,setting known to man including nhancer>and it still runs like a pigeon walking.i have a super duper>computer which runs fs9 loaded with add ons like a dream so i>am sticking with that and bining fsx myself......I've previously mentioned that my FSX finally got a bit screwed up, and I'm just to involved with other projects at the time, to reload etc. But I will make a comment. Usually on Sunday mornings, I liked taking a FSX real weather mountain flight, out of my home city airport (U42, which is close to KSLC). FSX has a glossy photo look to the mountain landscapes which adds a very pleasant sense of depth. FS9 simply does not; and the textures are not near as crisp either. Since I've seen the difference in FSX, I have no desire to continue these flights with FS9. I still run FS9 and still purchase addons because of certain aircraft and scenery such as Flight Scenery Portland, Fly Tampa, and Glacier Bay. But beyond special 3rd party scenery, FS9 simply doesn't standup in the "looks" department to FSX, and I have far too many default areas of the Mountain West, that I like to sim fly in. And BTW, FSX's built in weather looks far better than FS9's too. I don't care to purchase weather programs for FS9 to improve the looks. I've already got several ground enhancements for FS9, in an attempt to get it to FSX default standards.L.Adamson