Sign in to follow this  
Snowfalcon

MyTraffic X Ver. 5.1b - A Question

Guest TonyPiech

I'm somewhat of newbie with Fight Simulator, FSX being my initial purchase about 8 months ago, followed by several addons since. I'd like to get some rudimentary info about, MyTraffic X, and it's newest upgrade that I may purchase.Specifically what does MyTraffic do? I need some confirmation, does it subsitute the generic FSX AI traffic with real world traffic? Does the ATC communication now communicate information back to you or what you overhear in real airline terms rather than the stock airlines used by FSX, i.e., Landmark, Airwave, Orbit, World Travel, etc.? Will I now be hearing and seeing American Airlines, United Airlines, British Air, Northwest, AirTran, etc. I'm assuming that is the case, along with realtime fights. What about your personal flight, does it still remain the FSX generic, or can you mask yourself as a real-name airline? There might be other questions that are related to the above, please feel free to inform me, thanks.

MyTraffic will add more realistic airline, freight, military and GA aircraft with real world names. It will replace your default AI so you will no longer be hearing Landmark airlines but instead the real world names you would hear for a specific region. So in South Africa you won't be hearing Alaska airlines. There are options to set the traffic for earlier years so you can fly in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's as well as today and you have the option if you have purchased AirNav FSLive to have real world real time flight schedules.Your own flying remains anything you want to set up. The included aircraft with MyTraffic are optimized for AI use and not ones you can fly.I have been a MyTraffic user since they first starting selling for FS2002 and have been very happy with their customer service and continued, relentless updating of the product to keep it out in front. Yes, there are freeware ways you can set up AI traffic, I chose to purchase MyTraffic, install it and enjoy it rather than futzing with downloading a bunch of different addons and hope they all worked well together.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Daniel42

MTX is the traffic add-on that has chosen to go the real FSX way. But with 150 models and 3500 paints, this can't be done overnight. Yet, in the just released version 5.1b 55 models are true FSX models and they account for 2000 of the 3500 paints.What this means is: better performance, more animations and compatibility with the DX10 preview mode. You can choose to install schedules for all aircraft, or just the FSX ones for better performance.You can also choose between quality and performance models and for several airports you have the ability to remove the performance eating jetways if you like.In this MTX differs from several others who simply say: do not use DX10 and complain to Microsoft about the poor performance of FSX with FS2004 aircraft.Since not all airline names are present in the sound files of FSX, MTX adds a lot of them, the quality not always great though. The last update contains quite a few new airlines not present in the sound update. I've no doubt there will be an update for this.One thing I don't like are the military models. But then again, I wouldn't like them even if they were looking good :)Installing takes some manual steps but is still easy if the instructions are followed with care. Should problems occur, support is usually lightning fast.I think MTX is one of those add-ons that realizes (and uses) the true benifits of FSX.(Sorry if this sounds too much like a commercial :) )Daniel

Guest JIMJAM

Ive had each version on my computer up until the last one.In my case, the INITIAL load up times were HORRIBLE. So when I loaded Aceleration and ran into,lets just say ALOT of problems, I had to start from scratch and I opted to not load MYTRAFFICX.I do miss all the ai and the sometimes unexpected you get.Such as a controller nagging a 172 to climb to 60 thousand feet.So if anyone had loaded this new and improved super duper version, let me know how it effects the initial FSX load time.

I am also considering a couple of add-ons to replace the generic FSX AI traffic with something more realistic.I don't want to compare products or change this thread's topic, but the other product I am considering is "World of AI", which is free and for that reason IMO worth trying. Is "World of AI" software and its models fully compatible with FSX SP2? I don't use Acceleration, I just have FSX with SP2.Thank you in advance and my appologies for asking a question out of the original poster's topic.Kerke

Guest Phil75070

Is Simmarket the only place to get My Traffic X? What does it run in US Dollars?

I use MyTraffic since the first version and have never seen a "controller nagging a 172 to climb to 60 thousand feet". But i can't say it doesn't happen.I also have the lastest MTX version and the load times for me are the same. There are LOTS of planes in MTX and they all have to be loaded, so we have to expect a longer load time. This new version is much better than the last one, i advise you to get it now. Best traffic for FSX. Period.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest baksteen33

Hi Phil, No, but it likely is the best place to get MyTraffic. ;-) The fully functional MyTraffic Board (with flightnumbers et al for the 2008 schedules) for example, will be a simMarket exclusive. Other pros of the download version, cheaper over time, a good support forum - although I say so myself. :-) Alternatively, Aerosoft distributes MyTraffic on a DVD. Just keep in mind, unlike sceneries or a single plane, AI is changes all the time. A DVD will therefore only be a snapshot of that particular moment and become obsolete in a while. For AI, online versions are therefore theoretically better suited. Hope this adds to thoughts and kind regards Jaap

Current exchange rates put it at $48.60. You can do a google search to get an estimated conversion: search "33 euros in dollars".Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Guest Lith1um

MTX's models actualy perform better than FSX's default traffic, but there is alot more traffic with MTX so some people see frame rate issues as they get greedy with the sliders. With 60% commercial / 10% GA AI, MTX had around 500+ aircraft running. I'm at work and I don't remember the exact figures.Another thing some people dont consider, airport vehicles count towards the budget of active ai aircraft in fsx. It's not uncommon to have FSX tracking over 200 airport vehicles. For that reason I have airport ground vehicles disabled so I can have FSX stuffed to the brim with ai flights. The sky's are filled and major airports often have aircraft lined up for departure.The new FSX models in MTX look great. Sometimes I just sit on the taxiway at busy airports and watch the traffic. When you fire up a flight it takes around 10 minutes for most of the traffic to wind up, and you can get a pretty big frame rate hit as all jetways within a 120 mile radius become active. After that initial hit performance picks back up, to avoid this I just run the sim at 4 or 8x for a minute. But you can disable the jetways as stated.

>MTX's models actualy perform better than FSX's default>traffic, but there is alot more traffic with MTX so some>people see frame rate issues as they get greedy with the>sliders. With 60% commercial / 10% GA AI, MTX had around 500+>aircraft running. I'm at work and I don't remember the exact>figures.>>Another thing some people dont consider, airport vehicles>count towards the budget of active ai aircraft in fsx. It's>not uncommon to have FSX tracking over 200 airport vehicles. >For that reason I have airport ground vehicles disabled so I>can have FSX stuffed to the brim with ai flights. The sky's>are filled and major airports often have aircraft lined up for>departure.>>The new FSX models in MTX look great. Sometimes I just sit on>the taxiway at busy airports and watch the traffic. When you>fire up a flight it takes around 10 minutes for most of the>traffic to wind up, and you can get a pretty big frame rate>hit as all jetways within a 120 mile radius become active. >After that initial hit performance picks back up, to avoid>this I just run the sim at 4 or 8x for a minute. But you can>disable the jetways as stated.Lith1um, how do I disable the jetways on FSX (without MTX)?

Guest Daniel42

Load up time: That's still there. It's horrible indeed, but then again... waiting a couple of minutes before a flying a couple of hours, I can live with that. This is not specific to MyTraffic by the way, the delay is caused by FSX browsing all models and all paints and apparently checking whether they can be used. Any add-on that will install this amount of models and variations will suffer from this.Disabling jetways can be done per plane model or per aiport.- per plane: remove/comment the exit.0 section from/in the aircraft.cfg. The baggage loader cars won't work anymore as well. Advantage: you will see the jetways, but they won't move.- per airport: you must create a specific 'AFCAD' per airport, that does not contain jetways, or has them only at the highest detail level.Daniel

Guest abulaafia

Try some free and better AI first: www.world-of-ai.comIt is the result of thousands of work-hours by the members of this community, and many times more accurate than any add-on you can buy.

>Try some free and better AI first: >>www.world-of-ai.com>>It is the result of thousands of work-hours by the members of>this community, and many times more accurate than any add-on>you can buy. Yep I agree, its very good.

Matthew S

>Try some free and better AI first: >>www.world-of-ai.com>>It is the result of thousands of work-hours by the members of>this community, and many times more accurate than any add-on>you can buy. Have you tried the new MTX version to say this is better?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White