Sign in to follow this  
Snowfalcon

MyTraffic X Ver. 5.1b - A Question

excuse me? Don't push what? You have had an unexplained hostility towards ANYONE who talks bad about your FSX... anything you consider negative and you jump right on them. Go ahead and read the avsim front page news again, then read their site... none specifically explains correctly what the point of a "DX10" model is. Now you are supposed to be a moderator, are you not? Start acting like one, instead of someone who can't wait to jump in and create an argument. Don't threaten me. You better watch what you say and "dont push it" yourself

Is it just me? I can't seem to find a download version of My TrafficX anywhere.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Guest Lennyt

I've had MyTraffic for going on 6 years. Excellent, simple process to install a huge amount of GA, Commercial and Military traffic. Simple to install and excellent support. I bought and am downloading 5.1b now.

Guest Daniel42

His initial question was that bad though :)What are DX10 aircraft?Maybe it's better to call them 'True FSX' aircraft as these are the aircraft build/compiled using the tools supplied with FSX. Most add-on aircraft (AI or flyable) for FSX are still being compiled using the FS9 tools.The most obvious property of these True FSX aircraft is that they show up textured in the DX10 preview mode of FSX SP2 while the FS9 and oldr ones will be white. So from a user's viewpoint you could call them DX10 models. From a business viewpoint I actually don't think it's that smart: XP/non DX10 users might think: ah, I don't need that.As far as I know, the True FSX models in MyTraffic have more animations, this is not a feature of FSX, but an effort by the developer (perhaps made possible by new specs for FSX).The True FSX models also do perform better. (It might be nice to see a 'price' vs 'performance increase' evaluation between upgrading to: a True FSX AI add-on, a faster CPU and a better GFX card.)Finally, using True FSX models can also be considered a workaround for those sceneries that use FS2000 tricks to display highres ground textures. With ground shadows turned on, FS9 aircraft don't displays on these airports. FSX aircraft do.Daniel

Guest CaptainT18

MyTraffic is probably the best payware program out there, but I use World of AI personally. Why?Both two programs that offer mostly the same thing:My Traffic X : $39.95, but virtually no work to get it setupWorld of AI: Free and some work to get it setup, but not too hardI guess it just depends on what you want.

Got itInstalled itlove it

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB