Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

an VFR offer which is not going to last 1 m phototextures + 5m elevation data for utah

Guest tmholopa

hi all, i am posting this because i dont want this talented guy to go out of business. he is making at the moment statewide coverage of 1 meter phototextures for utah and is also offering 5 meter elevation data for free. this is really a bargain, only 25 dollars for utah coverage. the coverage is about 1/3 bigger than horizon simulations england and wales and the variety of natural scenes is phenomenal in utah.you get things like bryce canyon, zion national park, monument valley, salt lake coverage, uintas mountains, canyonlands national park, gooseneck national park for only 25 dollars if u pay in advance.www.utahpictures.comcheck what u get for the moneyand the product u can find herehttp://www.fsdreamscapes.com/store/he is going to render more states and also european countries in the future, so check out the bloghttp://fsdreamscapes.blogspot.com/regardstero

Anyone tried the Monument Valley demo? I'm away from home and can't test it out before the Feb 1 deadline for the discount purchase, so I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks, Robert

Guest Nils79

Hi Robert,2 images from the demo area:It looks very nice and i would buy it, if the quality is constant (no big color changes like in Google Earth..).I need a new HD...

Thanks Nils. Looks like a good effort worth supporting. I can't wait to see what Bryce and Zion look like.Robert

Guest tmholopa

i think this guy is using custom photos photographed from an aeroplane, so the quality should be more constant than googles satellite images.regards tero

Do you get the three 10m mesh products right away when pre-ordering? Its says they are giving those to pre order customers but it does not say when they let you have them.

Pre-ordered! And yes you get the 10m Mesh for Utah, California, and Arizon right away. Thats a $30 value in its self. Thanks for sharing this, as its got to be the best deal I've ever seen. I don't know how he affords the images though. Aerosoft was claiming they couldn't get a new Everest image for thier LuklaX scenery since it would cost more than 4000 Euros, so unless you've got a special hookup aerial images for Utah must cost a fortune. But I must say this is the most intersting and exciting scenery project I have seen for FSX.

Guest tmholopa

yes, they are giving those 10 m meshes right away. meshes are ready for download after payment.here are latest screenshots from san juan south county of utahhttp://fsdreamscapes.blogspot.com/regards tero

I tried to do some Utah photo-scenery. You can get county sections from the state website. It is very time consuming. You also need to play with each areas color balance to match county by county. It was interesting but too daunting given the processing and file sizes. The FSDreanscapes offer is indeed a bargain.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Wow guys thanks for the endorsement and thanks for the support as well...As of today I'm planning on moving back to Hawaii by the end of the month and Utah is only just the beginning of the whole range of photoscenery areas we're planning on covering.Also expect a major announcement at the flight sim sites on or around Feb 4, 2008... The future for FS photoscenery is looking very bright indeed :-)The goal is eventual nationwide coverage with some extras to boot, but we'll all have to wait for the 32TB hard drives to become the norm and for BluRay to be adopted more fully into Computer circles to see some of that.I do have dreams of one day being able to set up subscription service and eventually be able to stream in imagery like tileproxy does, so that we can all avoid the need to have huge hard drives, there's stuff coming down the pipeline that will mean that eventually streaming will be the only way to go...Again thanks for your support and keep the screeies coming, I love seeing areas that I haven't even seen myself :-)As for the Utah data, Dick is right, I did a lot of research and obtained the data from the Utah State Government and it's all public domain imagery, which has helped, if hardware to process it didn't cost so much and also the file sizes didn't cost so much in bandwidth I'd love to do freeware but the nature of the beast means computer maintenance, electricity and hardware upgrade costs need to be covered...There's going to be more major news though in coming days, so please keep an eye out... :-)BTW the major bugbear with California when I get to it will be that some of the counties have way too much variance between them so it will require more work.Also I'm designing this stuff to be compatible with Megascenery so that Megascenery overlays on top of the FS Dreamscapes images. It's being designed to complement the Megascenery range and not replace it, as they are using much more time on much smaller areas which translates to a better experience in sim all around...The move to Hawaii will also bring me access to another two rendering machines possibly more...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

>Anyone tried the Monument Valley demo? I'm away from home and>can't test it out before the Feb 1 deadline for the discount>purchase, so I'd appreciate some feedback. >>Thanks, RobertRobert, feel free to email me through the store contact page when you're ready to order, I can give you the pre Feb 1 discount price because of your interest before then ;-)Sincerely,Dean Mountford.FS Dreamscapes.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Dean,you got yourself 1 more customer.. Going to order it.I have a q. Desert areas like Arizona, Western Californiam, Nevada, new Mexico etc look awesome with minimal or no autogens. But for other areas, basic autogen is required ...like what Megascenery does.Do you plan to address autogens in anyway?And also if you address the color varian issue, that would be awesome.Thanks againManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Dean, thanks so very much for offering to accommodate my situation. But it won't be necessary. I've seen and heard enough that I'll be purchasing the product as soon as I finish this post. You deserve the support in undertaking this monumental project.Thanks, Robert

Hi Manny,At this point I have some ideas on how to automate the process somewhat but I need a programmer to help with that aspect...I will however be adding in plug in GIS data such as certain building type locations such as firehouses etc if I can locate the data...I'm also looking in to providing as much moving road traffic as possible and 3d lights at night (one immediate option for that is for users to invest in Ultimate Terrain)...At this point I'm aware of information that will change the future of FS in coming years but I'll have to keep it quiet until such time as appropriate...Some things I'm likely to leave undone in order to get as many states covered as possible with the aim of nationwide photoscenery coverage availability over time, but if a clever programmer were to come along and take care of autogen automation for me I'd give them 80% commission...More will come to light in coming days, weeks and months... ;-)We have many more aces up our sleeves :-) Photoscenery is about to come into it's golden era :-)I so wish I could tell you guys more about the future plans, all I can say is they're extremely exciting and hopefully one day we can find a solution to be able to stream scenery and offer a subscription based service which will save us all money... Will need to find and talk with some clever programmers to see if there's a way they can figure out how to make that happen technologically...More exciting near to us news is also going to happen on Feb 4, 2008 (all being well with the PR department ;-) )BTW I should be able to get version 0.8 of San Juan County (sans new elevation data [although i may delay the upload and quickly render the 5m mesh first]) to the server within the next day, am looking forward to going for a fly and taking some screenshots tomorrow...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR