Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

an VFR offer which is not going to last 1 m phototextures + 5m elevation data for utah

Hi Robert, thanks... Actually after seeing the post here I may extend the offer of the Mesh+ addons to be continued for one or two more weeks... Call it a Valentines day special :-)I need to continue to raise funds for the move to Hawaii at the end of February, and I may not be able to get the statewide data rendered for a few more days...Also guys if there is anything that bugs you or can suggest to improve the scenery within reason (i.e. color wise, resolution wise), I'll be happy to see what is feasible technologically and can update the data over time... It's a product that should be able to grow over the years.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Alrighty, I've extended the offer until Feb 4 because of the thread here at AVSIM, and we're still working on a big announcement which is taking priority over the statewide mesh right now...I just did a test of the latest render and something has gone awry so I'll have to track down if it's a SP issue or something else...It's okay though, in a few weeks we'll have 3 machines rendering... Par for the course for the prototype, I think I may know where the issue is and it's just a matter of going back and rendering as I did before, but also I suspect it is because SP1 wasn't installed in the test machine...I did get some good shots tonight but I'm exhausted after a marathon effort yesterday, a minor earthquake and several power outages...Dean.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Ok guys, San Juan County is almost in with the beta testers, just uploading files which will take days on the upload bandwidth I have...Some beta screenies I took last night are available at...http://www.fsdreamscapes.com/demo/sanjuansouth.zipPlease note the shots were taken on a Celeron 1.6 and so while they're not as clear as an 8800 card it shows it will run on a Celeron... I also have a new idea that should clarify the lower LOD images to keep things crisp across the board ala megascenery quality...Now for a sneak preview of something new just for the AVSIM guys... ;-) This one will be due out by early march, and dev 'preview copy' will be available in the next couple of days...http://www.fsdreamscapes.com/demo/oahuprovfr.zipCheers,Dean Mountford.FS Dreamscapes.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest Nils79

Dean,thanks for the infos and the images!Oahu looks really impressive.Just bought a new HD for photo sceneries only and i'm looking forward to your products :)

>Dean,>thanks for the infos and the images!>Oahu looks really impressive.>Just bought a new HD for photo sceneries only and i'm looking>forward to your products :) Thanks Nils,We should be rendering in earnest soon... I'm desperately trying to get the last $200 in airfare back to Hawaii so our team can assemble and start processing all the data...I just put the Oahu project up online and she will be completed in about 3-4 weeks at most... At the moment there's developer grade data uploading to the servers to test out the resolution, pre water mapping and much better color correction is also planned...The first county for Utah is also being uploaded to the server for those who have invested in VFR+ Utah...Exciting times, and we haven't even made our big announcement yet...Dean.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Wow, sweet shots, hold on a second and i'll bump some more of the bgl's across into the downloads section and you should be able to grab them...I'll also try and locate the last color corrected version and get it onto the server as well... I just spent 24 hours on the phone trying to sort out a $500 transaction that a financial institution messed up and was crucial to me getting back to the USA for my citizenship residency requirements...BTW thanks for your orders guys... I'm going to do something special for you when I get across the pacific... In fact anyone who orders Oahu between now and Feb 8, 2008, I want to honor you guys for assisting with the company move...I need to lock down some things and talk with a few people in Hawaii but I'd like to give you guys something to say thanks...Your support in the last week has been so helpful and now instead of moving at the end of the month I'll be moving next week which means we'll at least quadruple our production speed and output... :-)Also if you're ever planning a vacation in Hawaii please let me know I can be a personal guide for a day...Sincerely,Dean.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Ok files 7-10 should be available now...The one plan with Oahu is to upgrade it for free, once we can cover the price of a commercially produced image that has a lot of the color issues resolved as this island is a beast for color correction, so this one will continue to get better...Am also planning on clouds and cloud shadow removals...Nils, I did the same thing, I snagged the autogen from my copy of Megascenery and used it when running it locally on my system, could probably do the same thing with night lighting... ;-)That way you get the best of both worlds...I did some tests on another thing tonight and to be honest was completely left in shock and wasn't expecting the test to work, but that will become apparent soon... :-)Am currently rendering the elevation data to go with the imagery and you'll be even more blown away. Last night I was flying in the island and I honestly 'felt' like I was really there...Will get these 4 Oahu demo files uploaded and then will start with the Utah San Juan County as well...Why doesn't avsim have a screenshot forum? lol... It's fun seeing what others can do and see in their rigs...Keep the screenies coming they look so cool, way better than my feeble efforts lol!!!

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest CaptainT18

BEAUTIFUL!!!very nicely done, probably will buy in the near future as soon as I can get some money.This is really great, all these wonderful products we have/are going to have for FSXGEX, FEX, UTX, FSDreamscapes, FSGenesis, FTX, REX, ASX etc etc.

Avsim does have a screenshot forum but I rarely use it due to the silly file size limit when hosting on your own server. Its way down at the bottom on the main forum list.

Guest cbuchner1

Erm... Wow! Even though I can now go fly almost everywhere at 1m resolution (I developed that strange Tileproxy thing), I feel inclined to buy this 0.30m scenery... just to see what else is possible.Oahu was the first location I ever tried in with the TP prototype. It is an amazing place to fly at (and I am sure to live at as well). Also it makes me want to look into what will happen if I generate 4096x4096 pixel BMPs in Tileproxy (containing that very 0.30m/pixel resolution). Will FSX eat them or will it refuse to load anything bigger than 1024x1024 textures? In fact I have never tried...Christian

Guest Staggerwing

>Avsim does have a screenshot forum but I rarely use it due to>the silly file size limit when hosting on your own server. >Its way down at the bottom on the main forum list.Those same silly Avsim posting rules apply to ANY Avsim forum..

>Erm... Wow! >>Even though I can now go fly almost everywhere at 1m>resolution (I developed that strange Tileproxy thing), I feel>inclined to buy this 0.30m scenery... just to see what else is>possible.>>Oahu was the first location I ever tried in with the TP>prototype. It is an amazing place to fly at (and I am sure to>live at as well). Also it makes me want to look into what will>happen if I generate 4096x4096 pixel BMPs in Tileproxy>(containing that very 0.30m/pixel resolution). Will FSX eat>them or will it refuse to load anything bigger than 1024x1024>textures? In fact I have never tried...>>Christian>Hi Christian,Any advancements on TP under Vista? We're going to need a solution in future as there's stuff future tech wise that will come down the pipeline and streaming data will be the only real practical option...Would beat the current streaming servers hands down...Dean.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR