Sign in to follow this  
scott967

FSX Changing Kneeboard Keylist File

Guest dietmountaindew2

Hello Everyone,I just had a quick question. I want to use FSX's kneeboard to add a custom website to it, I figure a good place to add it would be to the "Key List" section. Does anyone know where the HTML file is located so that I can edit it?I thought it was "kneeboard_keys.htm" the Uires folder, but when I edit it and open FSX it is a different file. Does anyone know where I can find this file, or another way to add a custom link to the kneeboard?

See if this helps:** MSFSX Keyboard key assignments eg coded values:C:Documents and SettingsVaughanApplication DataMicrosoftFSXControlsThen see inside the Standard.XML file

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest dietmountaindew2

Thanks,It isn't quite what I was looking for, but I did do some reading in the SDK:"Key CommandsProvides a complete list of keyboard commands. The text displayed on the Key Commands tab of the kneeboard is located in the main Aircraft folder, and is named kneeboard_keys.htm."The file I am looking for is the kneeboard_keys.htm, and it says it is stored in the "Main Aircraft Folder"? What exactly is the main aircraft folder? Do they mean SimObjects/Airplanes? Or maybe FSWeb/LearningCenter/Aircraft?

Do you have this one:** MSFSX Keyboard key assignments eg test file:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XUireskneeboard_keys.htmIt lists all the keys?

Best Regards,

Guest dietmountaindew2

It does, but when I update it is doesn't reflect the changes in the knee board, also the first command in the file in the Uires folder is Pause, and on the knee board the first command is "ATC Window" Which makes me think it isn't the right file.

Correct, I did not properly "read" what you were trying to do.Only ref to "aircraft" I found was the same htm file I mentioned.And, the "aircraft" folder was in FS9 ... not FSX.If I find anything else I will post back here.

Best Regards,

I think that was the approach used by FSM Moving Map in FS9 to get the map into the kneeboard, but it doesn't work in FSX. I haven't figured out how MS gets those key assignments to display either!scott s..