Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

Jerky head movement with Track IR

Guest ziporama

The FPS you report should have very smooth reaction. I'm not sure you answered my question on whether the head gauge is smoothly tracking when you run FSX in windowed mode or not.We need to know to establish if it's a camera pickup issue or if it's in FSX.Regards,Etienne

The head gauge tracking is very smooth.There is also no light interference, I use the vector clip on a cap.TrackIR is perfectly smooth in FS9 and Lock-On Modern Air combat.I let the TrackIR choose a profile automatically when the programs boot.I have tried my own custom profile with no success.Also I've tried increasing TrackIR priority to 'above normal' with no success.Thank's for your supportStu.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Suggest you set you fps limit to 25. A movie plays at 24 so you only need about 20 or so to give an acceptable picture. When you set unlimited, you tell your computer to devote max resources to flying and leave little for anything else. Also, set Track IR to always run the flight profile.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Guest ziporama

Smooth tracking of the head gauges is a good thing as it eliminates the input.In 2D panel mode, is the scenery jerky or is the movement smooth (the panel will stay fixed, but the scenery will move in response to the head movement?It sounds to me like you have more than one thing competing for the camera placement/movement causing the jerkiness. The symptoms your provide are similar to FSCamera competing with TrackIR.

Guest ronht

Do you guys have any table lamps or lights behind you that the TrackIR receiver can see? If you do it will cause the jerky movement you are talking about. I had this problem pop up one day and realized that it started when my wife turned a lamp on behind be across the room. I have to keep that light off to get smooth panning with TrackIR.Just thought I'd mention this.ron

>>>>>I run NOD32 version 3.0.551.0. I have disabled this before but saw no benefit.I noticed this because I run NOD32 and am having similar issues. I UNINSTALLED Nod32 and removed it from my system (subscription had run out anyways). Just completed a short test flight in FSX and it's working fine ! Simply disabling NOD32 from the front end doesn't shut it dowm completeley, if you check the Task Manager there is still processes running. Maybe try an Uninstall. I'm gonna look for another AV now :-)cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Ziporama,I tried panning in the 2d panel (default Baron) and the scenery pans smoothly. It also pans smoothly in the outside views.I don't have FS Camera by-the-way.Loop-n-roll mentioned about locking the frame rate but I will refer back to my original post, that if I lock the frame rate lower, say 25, I never achieve 25fps, it's always 5-8 fps lower. If I run unlimited, the sim reaches higher fps (dependent on location)and is much smoother.I think I should clarify that my settings are giving me good performance.When I pan around with my yoke hat switch, it is very smooth. It is just a matter of jerkiness when using TrackIR.I have already ruled out any extraneous light interference.There is a setting in FSX or TrackIR I feel is causing this. There are not many people suffering this problem, so hopefully there is a magic cure.I have gone around in circles with this on my own for many weeks and my post here is just a statement that my ideas have expired.Keep your thoughts coming and thanks.ThanksStu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

"Loop-n-roll mentioned about locking the frame rate but I will refer back to my original post, that if I lock the frame rate lower, say 25, I never achieve 25fps, it's always 5-8 fps lower. If I run unlimited, the sim reaches higher fps (dependent on location)and is much smoother.I think I should clarify that my settings are giving me good performance.When I pan around with my yoke hat switch, it is very smooth. It is just a matter of jerkiness when using TrackIR."You miss my point: You don't need a high frame rate for a good flight experience. 20 fps is fine for a smooth simulation. Free your computer to do other processing by limiting frames. Also, panning with the hat switch requires almost no processor power but Track IR does. Also, FS9 needs a fraction of what FSX needs so I expect Track IR to run better with it.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Hi everyone,This jerky head movement with TrackIR 4 is back!I managed to cure it before, but I'm not sure how! I've just re-installed XP pro and put FSX on it's own drive.I set up my system according to Nick N's fabulous post and the overall performance of the sim and computer generally is much better than with Vista 32. I'm suffering exactly the symptoms as in my original post.I have no light interference and I am confident that TrackIR is correctly functioning. I only have the jerkyiness in FSX not FS9.This jerkiness happens when the scenery moves with head movement in 2d cockpit as well.In windowed mode, V sync isn't working and the picture 'tears' where it would stutter in full screen.I've tried setting TrackIR priority to above normal but it does not help.I've rebuilt my fsx config and only added the sim object line for MyTraffic and Disable PreLoad=1.Maybe NickN has some idea? I'm desperate now, I've been toiling with this for month's.Thanks in advance.StuOn to my system:Asus P5N32E SLi Plus latest bios4GB OCZ8500 RAM8800 GTX 768MB Graphics latest XP drivers 6600 C2D O/C'd to 2.9GHzAntec 600W PSUFSX SP2 (not acceleration)XP Pro SP2 all updatesMyTrafficX 5.1bRadar Contact 4ASX SP2GEX nhancedFEXFS Genesis MeshSceneryTech landclass US and EuropeNhancer with recommended settings as read here

Hi Stu,Did you solve this problem?A friend of mine "upgraded" from SP1 to SP2 and he now has the same problem. Before SP2 everything was fine. I guess maybe it is caused by SP2, did you try uninstalling it?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Yes I see this problem a lot in FSX too - it's like a cyclical "tick", a very minute stop that is almost perfectly regular in its frequency.Using SP2 with AVG diabled, stripped down XP, recent reinstall.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Originally, when I had Vista 32 Home Premium installed and FSX SP2, I fixed the problem with a combination of a FSX,cfg rebuild and setting TrackIR priority to above normal in the task manager.This technique doesn't seem to work in XP Pro SP2, though.Stu

That's exactly the symptom, Max.Stu

That's exactly the symptom, Max.Stu
Hi Stuart,Did you ever get this issue resolved? I just installed TrackIR Pro and am having the same issue. Thanks for any help, the thread just seemed to stop so I'm not sure if you got it resplved or not.Thanks, Bruce.

Make sure the aim is square, use the view>tracking to check. Sit like you do when flying and adjust so it's centeredTry the optimized Flight profile