Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

Strange behavior when changing view....

Guest ThomasE

Hi,I have a weired problem which came up yesterday:When I am in outside view, the viewpoint is directly behind the plane, I can pan around, but the view immediately jumps back to behind the plane.The same thing happens in the virtual cockpit, I can look around for a second, but the view always immediately jumps back straight forward.That means that I cannot leave the view maybe to the left or to the right...Is there a button to change this back as it was before?RegardsThomas

Guest ThomasE

Has no one an idea?I cannot use the outside view anymore....Please help ;-)Regards

Guest Grahame Myers

Try pressing F11, which by default is allocated to Locked Spot View (shortcut).It could be the problem, let us know!RegardsGrahame

Guest ThomasE

I just found out something really strange:when the engines of the plane are NOT running or when I PAUSE the sim I can pan around.As soon as the engines are started, the view changes behind the aircraft...and panning is not possible anymore.I don't know what I changed, but I want my normal views back...Regards

Have you tried deleting your FSX.cfg file and let the sim build a new one?

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest ThomasE

>Have you tried deleting your FSX.cfg file and let the sim>build a new one?Yes, I tried that, it didn

Shift+O cycles using the mouse for panning. Have you tried that?

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Guest ThomasE

Hi Bill,thanks for your help.Yes, I tried Shift O, didn

Hi Thomas,Sorry I haven't been able to help. I will continue to try to figure it out though.

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Have you run the repair function from the FSX Disk 1?

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Guest ThomasE

>Have you run the repair function from the FSX Disk 1?I am a bit afraid to do this.I have a lot of addons running (Mytraffic, Active Sky X, several addon planes, I don

Disconnect your keyboard and see if the problem goes away. Then try your mouse. And do you have another joystick to try. I suspect it might be a hardware problem.

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Guest ThomasE

>Disconnect your keyboard and see if the problem goes away.>Then try your mouse. And do you have another joystick to try. >I suspect it might be a hardware problem.Bill,it is not a hardware problem since I can pan around when the sim is paused.I guess there are some wrong parameters , but I don

Thomas,controls that work during pause but not during flight kind of suggests a conflict of some sort. One of my first thoughts (and I don't recall if you mentioned it): does this happen with both default and add-on aircraft? Do you have a default aircraft with NO aircraft.cfg edits to compare it with. And lastly, sometimes it seems that the control assignments just get flaky. Have you thought about resetting the control assignments to default? - I've had to do it a time or two; just took a few minutes to restore my few alterations; take notes if you've made a bunch of them to your setup.Best of luck,Loyd