Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Stuttering and FSX - a few idle thoughts.

Guest ftrusky

"unless you have a HDD setup, video card and processor from2010"Yep, gottem' on preorder, any year now. :)

Hi stampee,"hiding behind the fact that FSX does alot of computations is idiotic. fs1.0 ran on a 286-16 mhz computer and had full gauges and graphics. It was updating a true flight paramater, (well.. as good as MS can do anyhow) and now we have systems running nearly a million times faster, and all we are gaining is some audio and graphics? this is progress?"Your tone suggests a mischievous side to your persona and in this instance, I'm sure you would be the first to acknowledge, such comments are really not very helpful.The comparison with FS1 will be seen by many others, including myself, as so fatuous that it leads us to suspect that you have an ulterior motive for joining this thread. If I am incorrect in my assumption then I apologise, but, nevertheless, would ask you to spend a minute or two reading this page to see just how mistaken you are in making such a rash statement:http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/index.htmYou cannot compare the two. To do so is just ridiculous.Have you ever taken time to stop and consider the unique nature of FSX? I doubt whether its complexity of delivery has any peers out there right now. What ACES have achieved in this product is little short of outstanding. The pressures to produce this version of our favourite sim must have seemed at times overwhelming and yet they have persisted through it all and delivered a very worthy product which arguably, in my judgement, tries to do far too much this time around. Nevertheless, there is something for everyone to explore and enjoy.Yes FSX is not perfect and yes it engenders its own share of frustrations; it is a unique project in progress which started all those years ago in 1980 with Bruce Artwick's FS1 on the Apple II. Each version has had its own set of problems and as the simulator's complexity has grown, so our community has faced these challenges head on and have shown great determination to find solutions for the benefit of all simmers. FSX is no different in that respect.Flight simming is our hobby and a major part of our hobby is taken up with our efforts to find ways to make each version of Flight Simulator work as well as it can given the restrictions imposed by our hardware. Some of us are better at doing this than others, but as a community we try to share our ideas for the common good. You can't blame or criticize ACES or, indeed, Microsoft for doing their collective best to deliver each version of the simulator in a form that allows such diverse and frequently ingenious 3rd Party interventions. Indeed, with FSX we are, for the first time, seeing the beginnings of very welcome cooperation and dialogue between us, the end users, and the development team. This is healthy, extremely encouraging and certainly bodes well for the future direction of the simulator.We have a very stable simulator which, since SP2, is now starting to show its true colours. It is my hope that after reading this you can see things in a somewhat different light and decide to come and join us in this wonderful and, at times, exciting and fulfilling hobby.Mike

I see nothing at all insulting or untoward in his comments. Maybe we just don't take criticism of MS well?Brian

" MS should hire some quality programmers? or better yet, intelligent management?"..is insulting to the ms members who frequent our board.We would like to continue a dialog with Ms developers as it is in all simmer's best interests.I'd rather lose a few that don't see it this way than lose the dialog which will make a better sim for all.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/