Sign in to follow this  
MSW

Help! What Happened To My 2X Water?

Yesterday my 2X water looked fine. Today it looks like this. I don't think I installed anything that would have done this. What's causing this? My 1X water is fine. I running FSX Acceleration SP2.Please Help!XP Pro, Core 2 Duo OCed to 3.0 GHZ, 8800GTS 640 MB OCed to 575 and 900, 320 gb Hd, 2 GB Dual Path RAM.Mike

Have you added any addons between then and now? New Drivers? One thing you can try is rename your fsx.cfg file and let the system rebuild it. (Remember to put back all your tweak settings if you made any!) Sometimes that file gets corrupt, and needs to be replaced.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Did you botch the installation of the FSX water tweak? That's what my water looked like when I misspelled the name of the new water file.

>Yesterday my 2X water looked fine. Today it looks like this.> I don't think I installed anything that would have done this.> What's causing this? My 1X water is fine. I running FSX>Acceleration SP2.>>Please Help!>>XP Pro, Core 2 Duo OCed to 3.0 GHZ, 8800GTS 640 MB OCed to 575>and 900, 320 gb Hd, 2 GB Dual Path RAM.>>MikeI had that when trying video card driver.

Mike,Just wondering if by any chance you tried a 'Cloud flashing' fix posted on this forum?topic #434059I too had exactly the same effect last night and the only thing that I had changed was this supposed tweak to eliminate cloud flashing on/off. I reinstated things, but since it was gone midnight, I have not had time to see if things are back to normal. However, since this effected the 'shader' setups, which need to be regenerated, I am suspicious that it could be the cause.If you had applied that tweak, then I suggest trying to back it out.Let me know if you cure the problem, in case I still have the same issue.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

>Mike,>Just wondering if by any chance you tried a 'Cloud flashing'>fix posted on this forum?>>topic #434059>>I too had exactly the same effect last night and the only>thing that I had changed was this supposed tweak to eliminate>cloud flashing on/off. I reinstated things, but since it was>gone midnight, I have not had time to see if things are back>to normal. However, since this effected the 'shader' setups,>which need to be regenerated, I am suspicious that it could be>the cause.>>If you had applied that tweak, then I suggest trying to back>it out.>>Let me know if you cure the problem, in case I still have the>same issue.>>Cheers,>StuartI think you might be right! I tried that tweak and while it helped with clouds, I was flying in fog IMC conditions last night, and was getting some weird effects, like a division in the screen with a sharp change of tone of gray. It would dissipate after a few seconds, but would periodically reappear, so I backed it out, and I'm back to normal! I didn't notice any problems with water though!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I figured out it was the shader file in documents and settings that got messed up some how. I hadn't done anything to it that I know of. Fortunately I back up my entire computer on a external hard drive so I just copied it back in from there. Now all water is fine.Thanks for the help!Mike