Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Friendly Panels

The "Friendly Panels" have caught my interest, especially the panels with VC. Was wondering if anyone might be using them and if they will work with no problems using SP2. Thanks for any comments.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Carl, first off they are radio gauges, AP's, MFD/PFD's, and GPS's only. They are not 'panels' per se, but probably provide panel/cfg's which will place their gauges within some aircraft with little effort. Myself, personally, I use them as independent gauges/raios/GPS units, and use them (one or 'all') in any aircraft I choose to by manually altering the/a panel.cfg file. they are actually very very good gauges. For instance, their Bendix COMM/NAV radios are the most complete units I have seen for FS....even the option menu operates as it should, and after you use this function, you truly wish all your NAV/COM radios worked the same.The GPS units utilize the FS data and are also limited to how the default GPS's operate within FS, but they do offer more options than the defaults provide regardless. That said, they are not RXP units, but until RXP releases the FSX Gamin GPS units, most of my GPS equipped airctcraft are using Friendly Panel units right now.Bottom line, well worth the money, and I'm very happy I tried them out.

Thanks for your inputs,At first I thought that these were new panels but like you mentioned and the way I now understand it, some of the gauges are replaced with the panel shell remaing in 2d and VC. I guess that is why the VC will work. Now the next question is how much of a hit will I take on frames? As you can see I still am using a single core P3.4ghz and reasonably satisfied with FSX as long as I stay with GA. I do use the ES Columbia 400 and Piper Twin but they do tax frames 3-5 fps over default. Y'all have been most helpfulCarlDell E510, P4-3.4g, 2gram, 7600GS-256mb

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Geof,I remember when you mentioned you had a 7600 with 512mb before getting your new rig and the best part you had no "blurries". I almost went out to pick a 7600GS/512mb just to see if I could get rid of the blurries The good news I reinstalled SP2 and the blurries have essentially go away. If I remember correctly your new rig has been doing very good (like old times with FS9). Will have to check back with you when my wife of 40 years will let me get a new machine (LOL)Carl

Carl