Sign in to follow this  
Wnuk

want to uninstall fsx without screwing up fs9

is there anyway to uninstall fsx without it screwing up fs9? I plan on getting another h/d soon and want to uninstall fsx on my old drive where i also have fs9 and then put fsx on the new drive - anyway of doing this?thanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Brian, the 2 programs aren't connected in any way I'm aware of. I have down install/uninstall of both at one time or another and it never affected the install I wasn't removing, i.e removing FSX didn't bother fs9 in the least bit.HTHJim

mmm thats odd - I would like other to way in on this - please no offense to you - the reason is , it was some time in the past when i think i had fsx on maybe prior sp1 and uninstalled it and then i had to reinstall fs9 what a nightmarethanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Brian / Jim...there is a known problem with FSX (and the demo) that often systems where the FSX software is installed lose their registry pointers to FS9 which interferes with the proper operation of the software, and more importantly, payware.Flight 1 software has kindly crafted an executable which fixes this if it occurs on your system.You'll find it about midway on this page:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryCheers,bt

Brian:Uninstalling FSX WILL (repeat WILL) erase your FS9 registry entries and there is nothing that you can do about it. You will need to download the Flight1 FS9 Registry Tool which will fix your registry so that your addons will find it again. Once you fix the registry all should be well again.Regards,Mike T.

I knew there was something I forgot to add to my 1st post. Thanks for clarifying that guys.Jim