Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

FSX Error Reporting w/ Vista64

Guest RichardL

Why do I not receive the error reporting screen when FSX reports a problem?I use Vista64 with FSX/SP1/SP2. I'm having numerous issues with FSX lately which are causing FSX to terminate. I do receive a pop-up screen with option to "Search On-line for a solution" and I believe one to re-start FSX. I do not see a option to report the problem to MS.Are these program terminations being held in a file folder somewhere? Did SP2 change or turn off problem reporting?Did I miss something?Richard

Guest firehawk44

Right click the computer icon on your desktop; select properties; in the left column, click on Performance at the bottom; on the next page, click on Problem Reports and Solutions. The next page shows Solutions to Install and Information about other problems. If you see nothing there, click on See problems to check and/or View problem history. Once finished checking problems here, go back one page or close the window. You should be back to the first page. Click Advanced Tools then View Performance Details in Event Log. Here you can peruse your Event Log and see exactly what happened when FSX crashed. In anyone of these pages, you can click on sending a report to Microsoft or go to Event Log Online Help for more information regarding the problem.Hope this helps.Jim

Guest RichardL

That was an excellent explaination Jim. I found exactly what I was looking for. Hard to believe it was so well hidden.Many Thanks,Richard