Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Planes Won't Start

For some reason my planes won't start. The engines crank over ok but then quit without firing up - both default and add-ons, props and jets.Went through calibration, removed and reinstalled FSUIPC and tried everything I know of but no success.Funny thing is though, if I start up using Ctrl-E it will start ok. If I then shut it down and try a normal start it works fine until the next time I start FSX. Then it won't start again. I don't see what having to use Ctrl-E has to do with it.Have been flying FS for years with no problems in this area. FS9 will start normally. I may be overlooking something simple (or obvious) but right now I am stumped.Am using CH Flight Sim yokeAnyone have any suggestions?Jim

I have had this happen with a saved flight and went back to the default flight to eliminate it?It could be the fuel flow, is the mixture axis set?Maybe use the keyboard command for fuel flow?I do remember a thread concerning the same issue a while ago but can't remember if it was resolved.

Guest RonB49

Your default flight is probably saved with the fuel valve off. That creates a problem because many, if not most, panels do not display a fule valve. Therefore you don't have any way to select Left, Right, or Both.Select the default Cessna 172 (I think it has valve on the panel). See if the valve is turned off. If so turn it on and resave your default flight.R-

My fuel valves were on ok.What I wound up doing was to start the C172 using Ctrl-E, shutting down and then start it normally. Shut it down again and saved it cold and dark as my default startup plane. All works ok now. Don't know what caused the problem..Appreciate the suggestions though.Jim