Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Abacus

Guest bjablonka

Has anyone been able to purchase the Commuter Express 2 from Abacus? When I try to pay for it says I owe $0.00 and it does not let me continue. Also, I never bought from them, are they any good?ThanksBernd

Guest bjablonka

I know, the screen shots on their website are pretty bad, but that doesn't mean that the actual product adjusted to your specifications must be necessarily be bad. I just don't want to waste my money again like so many times before:)Bernd

HelloTrust me, they are not showing poor screenshots on purposeThose shots are the best they can get it to look.A search here for ABACUS will help you judge the "Quality"of there aircraft better.

Guest bjablonka

Thanks for the heads-up. If this is the best they can do, forget it - the planes look terrible. Bernd

Haven't tried this one and neither will I but I used to buy stuff from Abacus some years back and let's be civil and just say they have an "odour problem".My advice is: Save your money.

Guest bjablonka

Thank you guys - will do!

Let's be fair here, shall we? "We" aren't Abacus' target market. In fact, I'm quite surprised that Arnie & Co. would even waste their money advertising on any of the 'major' flightsim sites.Their target market is the masses of 'great unwashed' who frequent the shelves of retail stores looking for inexpensive PC game "stuff..." :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest LtRob

I feel 'dirty' then, as I have purchased Abacus in the not too-far past. Of course today I won't, but I did fall prey. I have to admit, I spend much more (maybe too much!) of my time in the forums now, and arm myself very well from the expertise of all others here. So, all I hope is that the newest group of FS users search out the truth here first.

>I feel 'dirty' then, as I have purchased Abacus in the not>too-far past. Of course today I won't, but I did fall prey. I>have to admit, I spend much more (maybe too much!) of my time>in the forums now, and arm myself very well from the expertise>of all others here. So, all I hope is that the newest group of>FS users search out the truth here first.Well, again in fairness to Arnie and Co., their prices do reflect the quality delivered.Believe it or not they do have a few models in their 'high-end series' that are actually not too shabby.

Fr. Bill    

Guest RonB49

I received both FSX Acceleration and Abacus Flight Deck 5 as Christmas gifts. While enjoying both, I must say that Abacus has provided some nice models in this package.Here are picturs of the FSX FA18 and the Abacus model.There is a little less detail some places (landing gear) and more other places (rivets, access panels, etc.). There were two reasons that I wanted FD5, additional carrier-based planes and 2d panels (I use multiple monitors and 2d panels if possible). I am currently developing a 2d panel based on the FD5 FA18 to use withthe FSX plane. I would also mention that the Abacu head-up display is very nice.R-

>There is a little less detail some places (landing gear) and>more other places (rivets, access panels, etc.). It's worth pointing out that the modeler for Abacus' F18 at least got the main gear height correct! ;)

Fr. Bill