Guest hmstiger

737 PIC For FSX

Anybody flying this yet? Pros / Cons??DaveESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest firehawk44

Which one? The one over at Wilco/FeelThere or the one just released over at JustFlight? I have the one from Wilco/FeelThere and it has an excellent FMC and good flight dynamics. There are a lot of threads in this forum that discuss the pros and cons of this aircraft. Just do a search for 737 PIC.Best regards,Jim

Guest PPSFA

Which one? The one over at Wilco/FeelThere or the one just released over at JustFlight? Arent they both the same?

I bought if from feelthere so I'm assuming the Flight1 is the same. It's a great aircraft albeit rather old but since the actual 737's it models are getting on in years it oddly helps.Many of the systems are modeled except air pressure but engine startup needs to be done by the book.The VC shows it's age but still holds up pretty well and the FMC is top notch.The MFD has a weather radar and TCAS along with verbal traffic alerts. The sounds in the cockpit are spot on. I watched a 737-300 video and the sounds are replicated downt to the swoosh of the trim wheel. Nicely done.Exterior is very well done as far as I can tell.Support is pretty good despite the perception of wilco/feelthere support. The 737 has it's own forum at feelthere.com where questions can be answered.Many liveries available to download.The only cons are that it's an FS9 aircraft ported to FSX and the frame rate can be on the low side; I get around 12 fps at KCLE and KIAH but once in the air I stay pegged at the locked 18 with nary a dip.Overall one of the best 737 simulations I've used but considering I've never bought any other 737 payware that may not mean much. :) Still, it's system modelling and FMC are done very well and the cockpit sounds are top notch and despite being an older FS aircraft it holds up well in FSX.

Thanks guys. Was just wondering before spittin out some greenbacks.I wasn't sure if they were 2 different releases or not. Just flight is 10 dollars cheaper then from wilco. but then i noticed JF didnt have a dl version. yet anyway. I was hoping the FSX version had the 7,8 and 9 models cause the other one seems to be taking forever to come out so maybe I'll give this one a shot.Dave ESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest hmstiger

How is night time lighing handled in the VC? Are you able to turn off all lights except the instrument backlighting and the PFD/HSI displays? Colin in Portland