Sign in to follow this  
delta november

Should I be getting 4.8-5.1 fps with these stats?

Guest Zelensta

Just wondering because there are new drivers and an oveclock program out for my video card.CPU: Intel Single Core Pentium 4 at 3 GHz (overclockable to 3.6 GHz, but that doesn't work, it only goes to 3.3 GHz)Card: ATI Radeon 2600 XT @ 512mbRAM: 64mb....Just joking :(... 2GB

Guest CaptainT18

P4 and FSX.. not exactly a hand in hand combinationIf possible, upgrade to an Athlon 64X2 or if possible an Intel C2D or C2Q, or maybe even an AMD Phenom.P4s are just too old to be very good for FSX (20 FPS+ on relatively high settings,) no matter how fast they are.

Guest Zelensta

Alright, thanks guys. I'm talking about cities like Los Angeles, if it helps. In less dense places i get 15+fps

Guest Pilot533

Definately dont upgrade to phenom or athlon 64, complete waste of money, you can buy an intel cpu that will match every amd price and out perform it by quite a bit, and phenom turned out to be a disaster for amd.

Guest CaptainT18

>Definately dont upgrade to phenom or athlon 64, complete>waste of money, you can buy an intel cpu that will match every>amd price and out perform it by quite a bit, and phenom turned>out to be a disaster for amd.wow really? I haven't done much research on how good the phenom was. guess i'll be steering clear of it on my next upgrade.I have an Althon X2 on my laptop, not really good, but better than a P4, but when I can get a new desktop to replace my 5000000 year old dinosaur, I'll get an Intel processor no doubt. Thanks for the info

anyway, in very busy cities...yes, those would be the FPS I predict for you....I get about 10-15 depending on settings.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Zelensta

Thanks, I'll definetly uprgrade to a dual or quad soon. As for company, I always have intel. There's not one AMD in my house, but then again I like ATI cards, are Nvidia's better?

I think you'll find if you cut AI traffic back to 15%...autogen to sparse... water to 1x ...bloom shadows off,and weather to fair, you'll get 20 plus most places with every thing else set pretty high.I know I do and my specs are inferior to yours.