Sign in to follow this  
Guest khooke

lack of easter egg finds in fsx?

Guest khooke

I've enjoyed playing FS in many past versions for years now, but I've been surprised so far with FSX that there is little in the way of easter eggs hidden in the scenery. For example in FS6 there was an image of the developers on a wall of one of the buildings in the MS campus, the flying pig over Stonehenge etc.There's lots of neat scenery additions in FSX and the addition of missions is a nice new feature but has anyone found anything really interesting or strange?Kevin

Guest fsxmissionguy

There are some places where if you fly there, you'll get an "Easter Egg" Reward ... for example, landing at Charles Lindburgh's grave in Hawaii.Not sure if there's a definitive list of these anywhere.

>There are some places where if you fly there, you'll get an>"Easter Egg" Reward ... for example, landing at Charles>Lindburgh's grave in Hawaii.>>Not sure if there's a definitive list of these anywhere.I didn't get a reward flying over his grave.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

>>There are some places where if you fly there, you'll get an>>"Easter Egg" Reward ... for example, landing at Charles>>Lindburgh's grave in Hawaii.>>>>Not sure if there's a definitive list of these anywhere.>>I didn't get a reward flying over his grave.You have to LAND... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I did that, but I still didn't get anything. I read somewhere that it is just an easter egg in the scenery, not a reward-earning egg.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

My memory is hazy, but in FS2000, if you went to the island of Minami-Torishima, there was a stick-figure castaway guy, drawn on the beach, prostrate, dying of thirst.(Minami torishima is a small island in the north pacific)Did anyone else remember that one?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Due to some unfortunate "Easter eggs" (slightly scatalogical in one other MS product that shall remain nameless) my understanding is that the legal department (at MS) has recommended that such "eggs" be discontinued. Sad, but true measure of the times.FSX - nor ANY products developed or distributed by MS - does not have "easter eggs".Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

I don't know if it contradicts...I think it's all in how you define "easter egg".I mean, to some, the Space Needle at Seattle in FSX could be considered an Easter egg. To others, just a scenery object.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest khooke

Unusual scenery objects are interesting too - I read somewhere in another post about some rings of fire for stunt flying at a small grass strip somewhere... that's pretty cool too.