Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

Anyone have the JustFlight R44?

I am considering purchasing this:http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=170#but I want to make sure it is fully FSX SP2 compatible and doesn't have any of the problems some AC have with SP2.Does anyone have it? Is it worth getting?Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Guest jshyluk

I am currently writing the AVSIM review on the R44. It's not fair for me to comment on the product in depth, but I will say this: JustFlight is coming up with a patch to solve some issues with the rotorcraft. How you feel about flying an unpatched product may or may not impact your decision to buy this product at this time. The patch should solve some realism issues in FSX, but otherwise the vehicle is essentially flyable. Jeff ShylukAsssitant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest j0nx

I didn't even know anyone was making this! It sounds like it's got some issues though so I will hold off until the patch. I love the schweizer even though its flight model is pretty horrible. Drop the collective in flight and the thing drops like a rock to the ground. Lift the collective in a free fall and it stops falling like it instantly becomes light as a feather - just plain terrible flight model, even with the "realism" patch. It is a hoot to fly if you keep in mind that beyond hovering and flying in a straight line and basic turns it is pretty much unrealistic. The schweizer also has some issues with sp2 with the rear window being opaque and in dx10 no outside textures. I assume that they never plan to fix this.

Thanks Jeff,As long as they are planning on releasing a patch, I don't mind getting it. I'm not that good at rotorwings anyway, so I probably won't be able to tell.My only concern is with the SP2 graphics problems that seem to affect some of the aircraft which were not created specifically for this version! Does it display correctly in FSX SP2?Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Guest jshyluk

I run SP2 with WinXP, so I cannot comment on DX10. With DX9 + SP2, the R44 displays correctly, so far.Very, very generally, the R44 handles something like the R22 in FSX, but with more power available. You will want to practise hovering a lot, so the Bell in FSX is actually easier for beginners to fly. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

I have a problem with this bird it flies for 10 to 20 minutes and shutdowns down fsx saying 'FSX has stopped working!Close the program or check online for solution!!!!! please help plus I downloaded an update with new sounds by TSS etc but really wish to solve this issue :-(