Sign in to follow this  
Guest etr123

no ATC voices

Guest etr123

Plzzz...can anyone halpe me, in FSX I have all noises ( engine, airplane, weather noise etc), except ATC noise, I cant hear any ATC messeges, there is ATC text, but no voice, sometimes it says one word 10 times! I have SP1 and SP2 also!I have tried 3 times reinstal FSX, I've tried reinstall sound card, I've tried to change fsx.cgf file, in FSX I put audio and voice sound device similar, but no result.....I have SoundMax as default soundcard, in FSX audio column shows that there is default primelary device, in Voice column shows just default device, I changed both to show SoundMax device, but no voices!I heard that its because FSX voices and sounds need different sound drivers, to hear seperatly in speakers and headphones, I dont know....Can anyone tell me what to do???I have 5,2 GHZ Athlon, 2 GB RAM, 512 MB GF, maybe my graphcard eats resources from sound card.....what should do?

Guest etr123

I fixed the problem, there was missing particular Microsoft codec, when installing FSX, I dont know why, but fsx deleted it, ####, how I was tired of that, two days i was looking to solve this.thanks to this forum, I found it her what to do:)

>I just got the same problem last night for no apparent>reason. Can you tell me how you fixed it?>Thanks!Geof, you are using Vista, right?So download and install this file, it should fix it;-) http://downloads.guru3d.com/Vista-Codec-Pa...inal_d1821.html

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I had the same problem until I found the solution somewhere out there. Can't for the life of me remember where. My speakers were set up for 5.1 surround sound, and I have 2 desktop speakers and subwoofer. Changed to 2 speaker stereo, and voila, ATC voice again. Hope this helps you.Pastor JerryDell Quad core 2.663MB2TBGeforce 8800dual monitorsSaitek yoke and quads

Thanks for trying to help Pastor Jerry!Unfortunately this did not work for me. I just reinstalled my soundmax drivers and that also did not work. Very strange-I have been working fine for 1 year and 1/2 and suddenly no go.. I can get the voices for automated weather-but no atis/or atc.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest RonB49

>I can get the voices for automated weather-but no atis/or atc.Hi Geof,I believe that something has happened to your "USEnglishbig.gvp" file or whatever you use for voice packs. Look under your "Sound" folder. You'll notice several subfolders, one of which is "ATC." This is where the voice pack file is located. Because I use EditVoicePack accelerated voice, mine is named "Evp_Accelerated.gvp" rather than the default name. I suspect something is wrong with this file or it is missing.Notice also that the ATC folder also has a subfolder named "ASOS," which contain the file named "USEglishASOS.gvp." This separate file would seem to explain why the automated weather is working for you but not ATIS or ATC. I hope that this is helpful to you.R-

Exactly the same happened to me when I reinstalled my pc in another location : I have 5.1 surround, and mis plugged one cable.I believe ATC is coming only through the middle speakers. Surround was weird too.Don't know if it is your case, but worth investigating.Jan

Thanks R-You got me going in the right place. I did find the useglishbig file and noticed there was a backup. I tried restoring the backup with no luck.Then I started wondering why I had a backup and recalled mytraffic had a sound patch out recently. I reinstalled that and am back in business.Why this got corrupted I have no idea but am glad to be back in business.Thanks all for your help!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Glad to hear that Geof :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.