Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

For Those That Have Ported Over PMDG B1900 C &D

Has anyone found a fix for the GPS problem in the B1900C VC view? The picture within the GPS is squashed. I've also tried the Simflyer FSX GNS but it does the same thing. See Attachment 184284.jpg. The 2D pop up view looks OK however.Has anyone found a fix for the multi gray rectangle that shows up on the PMDG B1900D VC view located where the backup attitude indicator is located? See Attachment 184285.jpgIf anyone has had any success in fixing this or isn't seeing this please help.Thanks!Mike

The GPS in the B1900C is shown in Attachment #1.The gray rectangle for the B1900D is in Attachment #2.Mike

I don't have it, but....I assume you are using SP2, as 'gauge/texture areas' of some panels that should be covered by a gauge, and not sized 'to the nut' will allow this shiny gray area to expose itself. It never happened in FS9, nor FSX up to SP1. I have had to adjust most all my gauges in my Carenado aircraft (as example) as the default gauges did not entirely cover the areas where the gauges are located and 'designed to cover', and this 'shiny' area was being exposed after installing SP2. Again, it wasn't a problem in FS9, or FSX pre-SP2 as those area typically just showed up as black, or invisible (depending on the .bmp).Thus, I am a bit perplexed by that large gray rectangle, as it sure looks to me is that there is suppose to be a gauge covering that area. I would contact the designer, but as this is a ported aircraft, you may not get support...but you could always ask.The GPS: It looks like the GPS is covering the area it is suppose to, but, IMO, was not scaled correctly from the start. You could change the width of the GPS, and 'push it over' so it would be centered, but as above, if the GPS does not cover the area you will probably get the shiny gray area exposing itself. I think you are probably stuck with the squashed GPS unless you want to look at another gray area around the GPS. At least, that is what I believe would happen, after modifying quite a few panels.

Looking at your screen shots again, it seems you have the FS default GPS in one shot, and a third party (?Friendly Panel GPS?) GPS in another. As these can exhibit different scaling attributes, perhaps the panel was meant to use the FS default GPS, as that one seems to look fine.Are you using two different GPS units in that same space?

The two pictures are from two different planes. The 1st is showing the GPS for the B1900C and the second picture is for the shiny area in the B1900D. Two different aircraft.Mike

Guest PPSFA

No idea, I posted in the PMDG forum about the props on the 1900 but everyone over there is too busy with the 747 to reply it seems. So for now another one of my favorite planes is in the hanger.