Sign in to follow this  
Guest searay380

Trouble with Elevator Trim

Guest searay380

I fly the stock FSX 737-800 and have trouble getting the elevator trim to stay in the take off position. I'll set it to 5 degrees, start the take-off role and the trim starts to change on it's own. Usually down which makes it impossible to take off. I also tried the stock 747 and it did the same thing. Am I missing something?ThanksASUS P5N32-E SLI PlusEVGA 8600 GTS 256mbIntel E67502 GB DDR2 800Zalman ZM600-hp power supply

Guest searay380

Ya, I'm pretty sure that was the problem. I did more searching and found that explaination in a previous forum question. I tried it last night with the autopilot off until after take-off and I had no problem.Thanks:-)

Taking off with active autopilot and / or autothrottle is a No-No.Autopilot should be enabled at 1000 ft AGL (at least when flying a 737)J

Guest searay380

Being new to this, I thought as long as the auto throttle, Auto altitude and heading buttons were off and the Autopilot master was on that the autopilot wasn't really doing anything.Obviously wrong.Thanks