Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

If you had the choice

Guest PowderBlue

Ok I'm on a pretty fast system , add another 8800 gtx superclocked card in SLI and I don't know what it says but I also put in a E6850 OC'd to 3.6 Now should I use vista 32 bit or 64 bit ? I installed 64 bit before but had some problems with where thigs were installed. There are 2 folders one for 32 bit and 64 bit whats the difference and why when I installed FSX it went into the folder where it could not be found ( Not the Default) Thanks for any help

Hi Jay,If you want to take full advantage of the 4GB RAM that you have, and not have to put up with OOM errors, x64 is the way to go. As long as your hardware devices have drivers that are compatible with Vista x64, you should have no problem.The Program Files (x86) folder is where native 32-bit programs get installed. The regular Program Files folder handles 64-bit programs. It's best to keep FSX out of either. Vista permissions create problems when editing files in these folders. You're better off dedicating a separate folder for FSX e.g. C:FSX. And, turn off UAC.Regards,Jim Karn

I agree with what Jim says..>> I installed 64 bit before but had some problems with where>thigs were installed. There are 2 folders one for 32 bit and>64 bit whats the difference and why when I installed FSX it>went into the folder where it could not be found ( Not the>Default) Thanks for any helpRegarding this: If I had this situation this would concern me, if it were me I would format all drives and start anew.The last thing you want are cross-installed FS's and OS's, which is very bad. This could lead to all sorts of other ancillary problems and unpredictable behavior. In the long run it would probably be the least hassle and deliver the best FSX performance for you in the end game.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest PowderBlue

Thanks for the tips, I think alot of my problems came with cross installed FS versions.